This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

520 memory issues .the answerssss

Ok guys
Here is what you need to do to eliminate all 520 memory issues
Connect 520 to laptop
On.mac open the hard drive garmin icon on screen
Click on get info
It will say like 10mb available oit of 110
Here is why
Every time you use the 520 it embeds the gps file into a file hidden which totally uses up all THE memory
After every ride after the session uploads to your phone and garmin connect on.laptop you need to delete the days ride on the 520
Ok
Now ... Open the garmen file
Look for gmapbmap.img
Delete it. On.mac must empty trash
Look for gmapmap sup. Delete it

Nowwww. Scroll down and look for file scm
Open it.. Haaa you will see hugeeee long list of bmap gps files
Delete the scm filetotally
Empty trash
Now tou have 107/110 mb

Wtf didnt garmin know this when I called 5 timessssss

Its not just deleting activities folder
Yes u needto if u dont delete each days session on the unit itself before connecting to laptop

Hope this helps
  • No Memory on Edge 520

Just to add to this discussion. I tried to do an update which failed with 'the latest software does not fit on your device's internal memory' error and then found I only had 420kb of free space left on my Edge 520. Searched for an answer and found the LaurenceDanziger answer. Rightly or wrongly I deleted the gmapbmap.img file which when I found it was showing as approx 50mbyte in size. Deleting just that file resulted in my Edge showing around 97mbyte free. Haven't deleted any other files. Did the update again and this time it worked. Thought this might be useful for anyone else experiencing the same thing
  • I have almost 0 memory and not sure which files are using it as it seems like all folders in Garmin are empty. Tried factory reset but issue still the same. 60 minutes of ride and I get a message memory almost full. Any more suggestions?