This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim 2 Stops during workout mid swim

HI I have a brand new Swim 2 and its stopping around 20-25 minutes into my swim and returning to the watchface. 
I have the latest software but it still does it. Are there any workarounds to stop this. Pretty disappointing after spending $450 on the watch.

• Mine seemed to fix after a fectory reset and deleting watch faces. However the issue returned after I downloaded the latest firmware. As I already had a ticket open I contacted Garmin support and they have arranged a replacement watch.

• Had consistent crashes like described in this thread (using workouts and my phone in a bag within Bluetooth range). I even got customer support to send me a new device to see if the issue wasn’t hardware related. The new device also consistently crashed. This morning, I tried the recommendation to turn off phone sync on the watch and turned off Bluetooth on my phone before the workout. I was able to complete the workout with no crashes!

UPDATE: Nope, that didn't do the trick. After 2 workouts successfully recorded, this morning was second time in a row where the watch crashed as I finished a set and pressed the lap button.

UPDATE 2: Seems like a clean power off and power on before every swim workout prevents the issue. This is consistent with my experience since the beginning where the first workout was going well and crashes were happening from the second workout.

• I am having this issue today, is there any update on how to fix it? To be clear, it is the pre-program swim training restarting the watch mid training 

• OMG that is still happening?! I thought they fixed it in the firmware long ago. Do you have the latest?

If that’s a new watch I would reach out to garmin support and replace it with eg FR 255 

ps I don’t have swim2 anymore, I swim in FR 945 for the last two years, never restarted in a premade workout yet. But I did have the issue with swim2 before that

• I’m not sure whether the more recent firmware updates fixed it or not, but I’ve never had the problem ever since either turning off my phone nearby or turning off the Bluetooth on the watch beforehand. It always seemed to happen when the Bluetooth was on and my phone was nearby, as if it was disrupted by trying to connect mid-workout. Hope that helps…

• Before each workout, I turn the watch off and back on which helped reduce the frequency of crashes. Turning bluetooth off didn't prevent it from happening. I install firmware updates as soon as they're available.

... and I still have the issue every now & then. I'd say it happens every 4 or 5 workouts. I have an older Forerunner that I use for other sports (mainly running and xcski) but it doesn't measure HR underwater. I'll eventually upgrade to a more recent model and finally ditch the swim 2. That watch is total crap.