This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Swim 2 Stops during workout mid swim

HI I have a brand new Swim 2 and its stopping around 20-25 minutes into my swim and returning to the watchface. 
I have the latest software but it still does it. Are there any workarounds to stop this. Pretty disappointing after spending $450 on the watch.

• I deleted watch faces I had installed and did a factory reset and it hasn't happened since. I have contacted garmin about it and they took diagnostic files and asked me to send the garmin folder from my watch, hopefully they can get to the bottom of it.

• I've only had my Swim 2 for a few weeks now, I didn't have this issue initially but one day it stopped mid swim and returned to the watch face. Then it did it again on the next swim, and has progressively gotten worse. I swim every day, and 9 times out of 10 it happens. It's now gotten to a point where I can't even swim more than 1,000-2,000 yards before it actually shuts down and restarts mid swim. I've deleted all watch faces except the originals, and still happens. 

A few hours after my swim this morning it installed the new software version 5.0. If this doesn't solve the issue, I'm sending it back, this is ridiculous. I find it totally unacceptable for such an expensive watch that is so dedicated to swimming that it costs almost as much as some of their other models that have way more features.

• If it keeps getting worse it should be a hardware problem. It happens, more sl with a cheap(!) smartwatch as this one. This is one of the cheapest watches of Garmin... 

• Let us know how you get on with the new software. I haven't updated yet.

• I updated the software and it is still occurring. Ugh!

• Since my last post, I deleted all watch faces and installed new software v. 2.5. It’s only shut down on me once afterwards. For whatever reason, it seems to help if I restart the watch right before a swim, as well as avoid having Garmin Connect open on my phone nearby. No idea if that’s just being superstitious, but those are the only things that were different the one time it shut down since the update.

• I am just wondering, at what conditions does the watch crash? Swim workout, or just normal pool swim? I never ever had a crash so far (but I do not use the workout feature), and I used my watch a lot. Unfortunately because lockdown here I can not swim these days.

• HI it happens in normal pool swim.  even with new software update.

• +1 Same for me, the watch restarts (garmin logo triangle on the screen) mid swim workout (pre-constructed workout in the app). So frustrating! Service didn’t say much other than reset settings, which I doubt will help. I’m on 2.5 firmware

• As I mentioned in my last post, I haven’t had any issues since restarting the watch right before a swim and making sure it isn’t connected to my phone while I’m swimming. Then the other day, I restarted as usual BUT it reconnected to my phone without realizing it- it died on me twice that swim. Since then I’ve made sure to actually turn my phone off while I’m swimming ti make sure it doesn’t connect, and it hasn’t been an issue. So here’s my recommendation:

1) UNINSTALL any watch faces that aren’t the original 

2) UPDATE to the latest firmware if you haven’t already 

3) RESTART before every swim

4) DISCONNECT from your phone- even if Garmin Connect isn’t running, it may still be connected in the background, so if necessary turn off your phone if it is close by

It seems like a lot of ridiculous extra steps to take to prevent it from crashing, but until Garmin figures it out and fixes it, it should at least help keep your watch working as it should!