This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Time in heart rate zones not registering

I have recently purchased a garmin swim 2 which I'm using with the android garmin connect app. I seem to have the heart rate zones set up ok, I'm 49 and when I check the garmin connect app I can see the heart rate zones are based on "% of max".

Max Heart rate: 171 100%

Zone 1: 86 BPM 50% to 103 BPM 60%

Zone 2: 103 BPM 60% to 120 BPM 70%

Zone 3: 120 BPM 70% to 137 BPM 80%

Zone 4: 137 BPM 80% to 154 BPM 90%

Zone 5: 154 BPM 90% to 171 BPM 100%

When I check the data related to a  steady 39 minute lap swim I see average heart rate for the activity was 154 BPM, max heart rate 165 BPM.

However when I check the time spent in each of the 5 heart rates zones on the gamin connet app it shows zero for all zones? Can anybody advise why this is the case and what settings I need to change to shown the correct amount of time for the session in each heart rate zone?

Any help much appreciated.

• Is there still not a fix for this?  Using the Swim 2, the heart rate zones, in both app and website, have always worked for pool and open water swimming, but have never worked for run or cardio. I don't understand why Garmin can't unbox a watch, test it and then send to IT dept to be fixed. It's most likely a bug in the app. 

• I bought a swim 2 watch because it promised to provide stats for swim + run + bike... the fact that Garmin has ignored this "bug" for years indicates that it's more likely used as a tool to get people to upgrade watches rather than just an oversight.

• I think it is ridiculous that Garmin are putting money into new models/watches and not bothering to create a fix for this problem. Once you've bought their watch they don't see the need for customer care. Very frustrating.

• Same problem as everyone else. Love my Garmin swim but pretty pis.ed Garmin have not fixed obvious problem for everybody when doing other activities other than swimming.

Please Garmin fix this. If not I am not purchasing another Garmin Swim when this dies.

• It really is a mess. More than 3 years now with a lot of people with teh same problem und Garmin is obviously not willing to do anything.

I have the same problem: HR Zone are shown and calculated  only for swimming acitities.
    And with a Swim 2 registered you can only set-up the HR Zones for swimming, not for other activities like cycling or running.

For me the situation is clear. Unless Garmin doesn't fix this and continues to ignore its costumers, this wil be my last Garmin device.