18.26 update:amazon music going to rebooting

Hi Garmin support Team,

I recently installed Amazon Music on my new Garmin 965. Playlist syncing went smoothly, and songs are playing fine. However, when I try to navigate back from the Amazon Music options using touch, the watch goes into reboot mode and Pressing the start button helps to go back, but the touch functionality isn't working.

Could you please help me with this issue?is everyone getting the same issue?

• I have a new watch and install of Amz, tried out some touch screen stuff (none while playing, just in and out of various screens on amazon music, cuz I don't have my headphones with me).  But in no situation did it freeze or reboot.

• Thanks nick,but still i'm facing the issue .

• have you tried a hard reset or at least a power cycle since you installed Amazon?  I had all kinds of issues getting setup but after a restart it worked well.

you are just doing a swipe from left to right to go back on the play/music screen to the homescreen?  Does it happen even when music isn't playing?  (like in my test) 

I am on the most recent firmware (18.x)

• No issues with buttons, only the touch function causes it to reboot. Yes, it happens when music isn't playing.

• When I finally got to test the issue as Durga explained, definitely crashes my watch!  Using touch screen to press the Amazon button (blue equalizer logo) shown in the photo above, it crashes my watch, black screen and restarts it.

So definitely a repeatable issue, happens every time I touch that logo on screen (regardless of location on screen). 

Firmware 18.26 - yes with plenty of restarts (LOL) and hard restarts (35sec upper left button).  

• BTW - I see that for Beta 19.09 firmware coming out next has a fix that might be this.

• Fixes intermittent crash in music control.
  • Yes, same here,  Reboots on touch of Amz Logo.  This my second FR 965 this month, running 18.27 and both watches behaved same.    I replaced the first due to Heart Rate  suddenly droppin to 70% 0f correct value duurin exercise w/music play.    May also be a music player issue.   Second 965 has now done the same once in 3 sessions  reading HR 60 -70  when actual 90 to 105.     I paused and resumed music with button on headphones and  low  HR issue cleared .      

• Interesting note regarding the music and heart rate quality... wonder if it is the processing power needed that takes calculation time... or bluetooth interference... or un-related. 

Calculation of HR and music/bluetooth seem like they would be completely unrelated bits of software, and run in separate processes...  so either the added processing time /delay/dTime for music isn't being calculated right in the HeartRate firmware... or something?

Running 18.27 here, still push icon - crash issue.  Not a big deal for me, easy to just use buttons, just waiting for new full release firmware.  Also I use a arm strap (coros) or HRM-Dual for all my run/bikes, so never notice any music/HR issues.

• I think you are right that HR is a separate process.     I had similar low HR issue today again in first 5 min of workout .  Nothing I attempted had any effect and suddenly it  corrected on its own.   SImilar to HR  problem  with first  FR965 earlier in April .   Then  Garmin tech supp.  felt  then it was a hardware issue .     Will  gather more data  and  open new  post on this.     I hava Garmin HRM-Pro plus  that seems very accurate but I'd like the  FR 965 to work as it should.