Gaps in HRV data during night

During the last night's this is what my HRV readings look like.

The data is getting inconsistent because of this. Is anyone familiar with this problem and might know of a solution? 

• I have had gaps in my hrv charts for months...I was hoping that it would get fixed with a software update but that has not happened so a got a replacement watch to see if it was some sort of issue with my watch hardware. This is the first night with the replacement watch and it is doing the same thing. I am a side sleeper.  The HRV is the most important function I wanted on the device. Had I known it wouldn't work if I slept on my side I certainly would have gone in another direction. Changing my sleeping position to accommodate a wearable functionality is just simply ridiculous. 

The folks at Garmin support have been very helpful but unfortunately have not been able to help me get this working correctly. I have 3 Garmin devices for all the different activities I do but this is starting to really get frustrating. I don't know if the data I am getting has any value at all. These are not uncommon HRV chart results for me over the past few months. 

Does this HRV chart evoke any confidence the data has value?

Half the night isn't even there...I will reboot and I am up to date on software and I will cinch it down and let you know what happens...

• There’s a few recent posts on the 955 forum you might want to take a look at. I’m a side and back sleeper and not had any problems for a long time.

A soft reset performed by holding the light button until shutdown then powering back on has generally resolved the problem. Also make sure the watch has a snug fit above the wrist bone.

Do compare to HR data as this is needed for HRV,  if it’s missing the same, then it’s likely a fitting or postural issue. If not and the watch data is the same as Connect, then a soft reset will likely help. 

• Thank you @B1nny …

it’s he HR data doesn’t have any gaps, just the HRV. I wore it uncomfortably tight last night and I the above was the result. I am glad to hear you are not having issues and side sleep. 

I move around a lot in my sleep and I am starting to think that has something to do with it since it was the same result with my original and the replacement. 

I will try and henreset but it has not helped in the past but will be optimistic!

will go look at the other thread you mentioned too. 

thanks!

• I’m optimistic for you! I have experienced HRV gaps in the past with version 18.xx but these have since totally resolved. 

You shouldn’t have to wear the watch that tight. If doing so didn’t even make a difference, then it sounds more likely that 19.18 and a soft reset might just work for you as it has for some others recently. 

Give it a try and report back.

• I did the soft reset and unfortunately I am getting similar results....my software is updated to 17:23 and it is not showing any newer updates. 

I guess I will contact Garmin support to see if they have any ideas. 

Cheers

• You need to get updated to 19.18 for a start, that might singularly be the most important factor!

Have you tried to update by syncing directly via Garmin Express on a computer? Also check manually on the watch via System>Software Update>Check for Updates.

• Hi Garmin-Sierra, did the update to 19.18 this morning then a soft reset. Just curious as to why the update removed the battery charge “days remaining” data when accessed from the watch face as a shortcut?

Hopefully this update will also resolve the nighttime HRV gaps as well but noted this update and soft reset also did not remove the FTP screen from the VO2 Max fields.

• I have updated on the computer to via Gamin Express but it says that I am all up to date with 17:23. I have also done the same manually on the watch and it says I am up to date. 

How do i update further?

Last nights HRV:

• @B1nny …yes it an Epix Pro 2 and it seems same issue is on Forerunner also. Appreciate this help an insights.