Gaps in HRV data during night

During the last night's this is what my HRV readings look like.

The data is getting inconsistent because of this. Is anyone familiar with this problem and might know of a solution? 

• As visualization and to state (again) that this has nothing to do with laying on my arms while sleeping some more pictures of my last few nights:

Until some weeks ago there was a brief period in which this didn't occur while it did before, but it's worsening A LOT lately.
    I paid a lot of money for this watch and its functionalities, but now it's almost useless. I like to use the functionalities, especially since I'm running a marathon in 4 weeks and it would have been nice that this would have been working.

Now all I constantly see is that my HRV status is unbalanced which is not correct but is obviously caused by these bad results.

• It's the same for me. I am just frustrated about the HRV Status function. It's one of the most important function to me! 

I have this gaps every night and got told by Garmin that I lay on my arm....

• which is obviously not true since it's a software issue. I had contact with Garmin Support and they told me the following: 

"We have a fix for this disruption, but it will not make it into the Q1 2024 software update. We hope to have this fix released for the Q2 2024 software update.

As a workaround, users can try wearing their watch 1 or 2 notches tighter. They should not be able to see the green OHR lights unless they lift the watch casing to peek underneath."

So the fix is to stop the bloodflow to your hands and slowly let your hand die during the night, haha.

But on a serious note, please give us the exact timeline on when the fix is going to be released. It's a big shame that this already lasts for months and still doesn't get fixed.

• 1. May I have permission to reach you via email?

yes

2. May we have permission to view your Connect account?

yes

• I have a new watch, almost a couple weeks now.  I have very minimal gaps, most nights maybe are missing one little bit (like 20-30minutes) or zero gaps I can see.  However one thing I notice... the screenshots I see on this post all have HRV of 110ms-160ms.  I know everyone's HRV is uniquie and different highs/lows... similar to someone's Max HR or Resting... BUT... mine NEVER is above 100 for avg, maybe once 105 as the Highest 5min, typically in the 40-65ms.  I don't know the range of HRV in milliseconds, but makes me wonder fi at a certain higher value the watch thinks its missing readings or out of range?!  Just a wild guess?  EDIT:  Now looking they are all Jasper screenshots... so maybe not a pattern.  Other people have high values that are having this issue?

Anyone getting many gaps that have readings in the 40-70ms range Avg typical and 'Highest 5minute' value of 70-90?

• It happened to me last night. , you have my permission to contact me via email and access my profile on Connect.

• Hi, @Garmin-Sierra, I'm facing the same problem.

1) I authorize to reach me via email

2) I authorize to view my connect account.

• The times this had bugged my watch the HRV with the gaps had been on the 60-70 range. However, it's more than my usual HRV and I've noticed that often my nightly HRV values had started to rise (against my expectations) already a night or two before the gaps.

For me a force reboot has always solved the problem. It's like the sensor starts to "drift" towards higher HRV values and then the gaps appear.

• I'm also in the 19.09. Two nights having gaps. I tried to wear in the other hand. Not helping. I'll try to reboot.