This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate Bug - Part 2

Team Garmin,

Respectfully, if you are going to close the ability for users to post on the most viewed and active topic in the channel, the entire point of the community and discussion board is missed. Many suffer in silence, and there are even discussions on other platforms, such as Strava.

It would be best if you addressed the "attacks on other users or Garmin employees" directly, or the entire forum should be shut, in my view.

If you must close the ability for users to comment, what will be Garmin's cadence for reporting progress on the known bug using the original post?

forums.garmin.com/.../1708000

• We are under a new Beta Phase for FRxx5 and F7/E2 that are also concerned, we are here to test the fix  Nerd

• If can be of any help for firmware developer to solve the bug, for me the problem occurr at the begin of a run and tan all goes back to normal. I don't wear the watch at night so I don't know if this is the issue or if the other wear or not.

Probably not wearing the watch at night with last releases maybe the sensor loose precision and it takes time to calculate correctly once you start an activity

• Epix 2 pro, same issue while cycling. Tried switching to inside wrist and it started to show much higher than normal hr. When it was outside wrist my hr would drop when increasing intensity and increase while slowing down and then when I’d pause the activity. The hr on the watch face would show more or less the correct hr. Please do give a shoutout when you have the new fw out. Thanks.

• Forgot to add that I had to restart it for it to show more or less relevant hr, otherwise it would show 70-80 while it should be around 120-140.

• I have this issue too on my Epix 2. It has been like this for way too long. Good to see that they're finally acknowledging this issue. 

• Joined the beta testing program and installed sw version 16.11, so far so good. Tried cycling and running, wore my old watch to compare, all seems to be fixed.

• Garmin is still working on a fix for the HR issue. Anyway we are on 16.12 with Beta. You are on 16.11?

• Incredible stuff, I have a Fenix 7 standard  running 16.11 and I have also noticed that my watch hr suddenly drops to 45bpm whilst on a run. I had to restart the watch to get a clean reading. 

• Yes, this was the version pushed through to me couple of days ago. Compared to what I had previously this is a big fix. This is on epix 2 pro.

• Hello everyone,

unfortunately I only discovered the discussion about this bug today. I'm inclined to return the 965, save 580.00 euros and continue living with my FR 945. It doesn't have any bugs, just a not-so-nice display, which was the deciding factor for me when I bought the 965. Well, the new display has no adjustable brightness for the always-on mode and no adjustability for gesture sensitivity... OK, I'm still hoping for updates.

But the fact that the heart rate is not correct affects so many things... I'm better off sticking with my usual watch.

It's a shame... but in my opinion that's unacceptable for such an expensive model. And I admire the patience of all the users who participate...