This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Heart Rate Bug, Rapid rise

Since version 4.19 I have the following heart rate problem every other run. The watch always sits snugly and correctly on the wrist. 

Anyone have similar problems?

• We have the same problem with FR955. Here is the from the FR955 forum thread discussing this:

High heart rate

You have my permission to look at my profile.

• Hi , I am also experiencing this issue on my new FR 965, please reach out if you need more information from me as to which workout(s) have the issue.  Thanks

• I chalk this up to the wrist-based HR sensor limitation; I've had the same issue across 3 Garmins so far; Venu, Venu 2, and now FR 965. Maybe the new Elevate v5 sensor is better for this and locks onto HR better from the wrist. This is why anytime I care about HR metrics during an activity, I wear a cheap ~25 (Coospo I think) chest HR sensor that I don't have to question. But for my daily bike commutes, it consistently takes 2-5 mins at the start to read my real HR, and even then sometimes it's obviously wrong during some segments of my commute.

• Same happened on my 265, for the longest time my heartrate stayed arround 130-140 even though I clearly felt it should be higher. Then it shot up to 175. I decided to stop the activity and the heart rate was still reading high values while I was walking and cooling down. I decided to reboot the watch and did another run, the heartrate worked flawlessly after that.

• I have the similar problems. The different is that it makes not only during the running. It makes for me during HIIT and cycling too. 

This is my last indoor cycling (spinning) training. 5 min warm up, 10 min hard part, 5 min rest and 2nd round (10 min hard part 5 min rest).

You can see after 20 min started to measure my HR in the correct value. In the 1st part my HR was about 160, I measure it by my fingers on my neck. This makes me very angry and sad :( 

• I have exactly the same issue with my fr265 fw 17.24. I tried with polar h9 linked to my fR 265, like you can see i got issue the first 1,5 km and then it was ok. For the same run I was 8-9 bpm lower with my h9 

• Has this issue been fixed?  I am having the same issues but see no resolution 

• This has not been fixed. Please grant me permission with a "yes" to reach you via email so I can add you to the impact of our investigation.