Always On Display During Activities Never Dimming

Just upgraded from a 955 to a 965 for the obvious reason of the screen.  I have my settings to have Always on Display always on during activities.  I don't mind charging more often for this.  But what I also noticed is that similar in it's home state, the watch still dims/times out during a run.  The gesture setting is still on, but I really hate the gesture setting as I run with my watch on the inside of the wrist not on top and even if I did wear it on top gesturing to better see the screen to check data is just annoying.  

I understand why this is case, to save battery life, but is there an option to always have the brightest display and it never time out while in an activity?  if not, I might have to go back to my 955 as this doesn't make sense to me and is a bit annoying. 

Thanks all!

• I used my 955 as a bike computer incl. navigation, but the 965 is worthless at that because the display dims and is unreadable in sunlight.

Sending it back, and using my 955 again. Such a shame, because the display _is_ beautiful at max. brightness.

• Hi,

This is reply to Garmin hopefully they will read it, as this is VERY important topic.

Is this auto dimming problem solved now? We need screen that can be read ALL THE TIMES, that do not dimm for workouts/activities, etc.

There must be option added: (4s, 8s, 15s) + NO SCREEN TIMEOUT (Or, option to adjust dimming brightness.) "No timeout" is best, it is easy software fix.

We need the option "no timeout" IMMEDIATELY added/fixed as otherwise the watch (my 965) is unusable.

Please email me ASAP

Thank you.

• I am also using my fr965 as biking computer mounted on my mtb handlebar.

Compared to my old fr945-

965 display works better on shaded conditions in the woods etc.

945 display works better with direct sunlight.
    I must say that can read easly the 965 display with direct sunlight also without "waking" the display. 

All together, I am very happy with the 965

Brightness setting to max. 
    Text setting to large 

• Yes agree - I’ve just got a 965 and I can’t read the display when kayaking (watch on front deck of boat) 945 was better - Garmin can you give us the option to run the display at full brightness please!!!!