This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Continue until the lap button is pressed does not work

Continue until the lap button is pressed does not work on a workout. It continues until you finish and you get lots of laps instead. Old problem, no fix from Garmin. Så om man vill fortsätta springa efter ett Garmin träningspass så får man stoppa hela aktiviteten och börja om med ett nytt. So if you want to continue running after a Garmin training session, you have to stop the entire activity and start over with a new one. Why doesn't it work on the Forerunner 955 when it worked on the Fenix 6 Pro? The only solution is to fiddle with the settings and remove the option for manual lap completely.

• Most of the time I want to continue after a Garmin training session because often they are too short and I want one session and not two.

And that is exactly what Garmin is allowing you to do. As mentioned in a previous comment, your workout has actually ended after you press the lap button during the cooldown step. Again, you can see this by:

- the fact that the workout data pages are gone

- the fact you can take manual laps (and you’ll see the lap alert), which is impossible during a workout

It seems that the real problem here is that laps after the final workout step are categorized the same way as the final step (in this case, “cool down”), which led you to incorrectly believe that the workout didn’t actually end. You can either recategorize them manually, or ask Garmin to change this (I assume you would want them to be categorized as “run”.)

If you don’t believe me, change your cooldown from “until lap button press” to some fixed distance or time (e.g. five minutes). Run your workout with your five minute cooldown, and notice how the workout pages disappear after you finish the cooldown, indicating that the workout is over. Now press lap a few times to take manual laps. When you look at your activity in Connect, you will see that all the laps after the cooldown will be categorized as “cooldown”.

Another test you can try is to have a different kind of interval as your final step (such as “Run” or “Rest”). You will see that all laps after the workout will be categorized the same as the final step.

In truth, this bug behavior has nothing to do with “continue until lap button is pressed” (which works fine). 

• Just to add a little more to the way different people prefer different things, I definitely like the current behaviour where the extra laps after the workout has ended are categorized using the last workout phase label. If the cooldown phase on my run is too short, I definitely want the tail of the run after the workout to be marked as cooldown as well. On my old Fenix 5+ it was marked as "Run", and I had to change it manually. Now I can just leave it as it is. Slight smile

• Yeah, this is yet another example where Garmin has changed something to make a certain group of users happy (or to fix a perceived bug / UX issue), which has only caused another group of users to be unhappy. Can't win.

• As far as I can tell, Forerunner watches have always worked this way. Certainly the 955 has behaved this way since its initial release software.