Strength Activity Mode don't record Reps and Weights?

Hello all,

I detected a problem with workouts in Strength mode.
I have my workout routine created, in it I detail EVERYTHING: exercise, reps, weight and sets. I used correctly on my watch, but then when I finish and look the activity in Connect I noticed that the reps have not been taken in consideration. As you can see in the activity detail the reps have not been saved and as a result the total reps and total weight volume cannot be calculated.

Any wrong with Connect, my 955 or something wrong with my use?
Thx!

fw 18.22 / Connect Beta

Screenshots:

• All, 

If the device does not automatically detect the reps during your workout, do you see the option to edit the reps afterwards (in the saved activity)? Open your activity, scroll down and select Edit. You can edit your reps and weight. Unfortunately with structured workouts, you don't get the option to edit your reps while you are actually performing it. I also understand the desire for the watch to assume you performed the assigned amount of reps, but currently that is not an option. If you would like this to be changed, please submit your idea here: Submitting an Idea to Garmin.

Otherwise, you will need to edit the reps in your activity after you save it to Connect. If you would prefer to edit the reps during the activity, you would need to perform a "Free" workout so you can edit as you go.

If you are experiencing something besides what I mentioned above, please let me know.

• ... the desire for the watch to assume you performed the assigned amount of reps ... please submit your idea here: Submitting an Idea to Garmin.

Yes, as you mentioned, the other aspects works well as you describe but are a nightmare.. Dizzy face
    Form sent, thank you!

• Hi  how are calories measured? I noticed that when I setup 100 reps and I do 100 reps, and it measures 10. Finalize my workout, it says for instance 20 calories. Then I fix the wrong counted reps from 10 to 100, the calories don't change. I would expect that reps is a part of the calories burned formula.

Same counts for Km run on a treadmill btw. 

• the calories don't change

Yes, exactly, this is the behavior of the app.
    The same happen when you for example remove a set because you don't did it. The time is not rest it from the total time Disappointed
    I already suggested this from Garmin ideas but no news so far.

• Calories from a Strength activity come from your heart rate data. Editing reps or exercise names will have no effect on calories burned. 

I've created a report regarding the inability to edit reps during a structured Strength workout, however! 

• All, 

I'm sorry that I didn't catch this before, but you can actually edit your reps and weight during a Strength activity if you insert a Rest period in between exercises. You won't have to go back in and edit the information afterwards. This is mentioned in Editing the Reps Manually on a Strength Workout

"If you are using a manually created workout from your Garmin ConnectTm account you will need to create a rest period after each set to be able to manually enter the reps and weight. After the workout is finished you can edit the reps and weight of the sets before you stop the timer."

Sorry for any confusion!

• Nice, but best would still be able to predefine the sets and reps. When your working out you want to stay in the flow and not fiddle with your watch or app all the time. Then I would only need to reach for my watch to skip to the next workout or when I managed to do more or less as planned. Like suggested by @ Really really hope this feature landed on the backlog.

• Finally and I don't know the reason, but my 955 started detecting exercises. It doesn't always get it right, but in the last few Workouts it has detected about 75-90% of the Reps that are logical to detect and have movement of my arm. It's not perfect, but it's going.

Today I gave it a chance to use the Reps and Weight edit after each Rep. While it wasn't what I wanted, I was surprised because by counting the Reps more or less right, it didn't take me long to do that confirmation and in a couple of seconds I was done. Also because by doing that process I avoided the annoying 10 second delay screen that displays when entering Rest that doesn't allow me to do anything during this time.

Maybe someday the requirement will be implemented which would be the best solution because it would include 100% of the exercises and Reps, in the meantime I can live with this :)

Thank you all, you can close this thread as I consider the initial problem solved.

Update, now with: fw 18.27 / GC 5.0 (Android)