Strength Activity Mode don't record Reps and Weights?

Hello all,

I detected a problem with workouts in Strength mode.
I have my workout routine created, in it I detail EVERYTHING: exercise, reps, weight and sets. I used correctly on my watch, but then when I finish and look the activity in Connect I noticed that the reps have not been taken in consideration. As you can see in the activity detail the reps have not been saved and as a result the total reps and total weight volume cannot be calculated.

Any wrong with Connect, my 955 or something wrong with my use?
Thx!

fw 18.22 / Connect Beta

Screenshots:

• Mine are always off. When I do 60 it counts about 5 of them.

Yours don't count at all. Maybe give it a restart?
    You can edit after your workout.

I would like that it automatically uses the given reps. The count is always of anyway.

• Yours don't count at all.

Thanks!. Does this mean that my watch should automatically count the Reps?
    That's what I was in doubt about. Also, if it were automatic I don't understand how it would count for example the Seated Leg Curl, etc.

I would like that it automatically uses the given reps.

Exactly, I expected the same, I have assigned it for this reason.

do you have any precision about this? Thanks a lot!

• Please see the following FAQ's: 

How Does the Rep Counting Feature Work on My Garmin Watch?

Improving the Accuracy of the Rep Counting Feature on a Garmin Watch

Some exercises are more tricky to automatically count. Do all of your exercises, even ones with more arm movement, also not detect reps? Does this only happen with Structured workouts, or do 'free' strength workouts have the same behavior? Do the tips listed in the 2nd FAQ help?

• I have mine set up that it goes to the next set via Lap button.
    Mine counts reps but very badly. And after a workout im always occupied for a some time making the corrections. What is a waste of time. Fixed reps would be so much better, then at least the base workout is correct and I can correct the extras I have done, if necessary. 

@Garmin-Sierra I don't understand your question about precision, come again?

• There are limitations to how the device will respond with exercises that do not include a lot of arm motion. I was wondering if exercises, like bicep curls or shoulder presses, that have more obvious arm movement are able to be tracked more accurately for comparison.

This section from How Does the Rep Counting Feature Work on My Garmin Watch? mentions some exercises that would be more limited with rep counting: 

You may experience difficulty tracking the following exercise types due to the motion of the exercise:

• Stationary wrist exercises: dips, pullups, pushups, planks

• Leg isolated exercises: extensions, seated presses, calf raises, hamstring curls

• Complex/hybrid motions: box jumps, “CrossFit” type exercises, burpees

• Short-range exercises: shoulder shrugs

• Battling ropes and jump rope

For these types of exercises, you would need to manually add reps during rests on the device.

• Thank you very much !

Always reading the manuals helps and solves problems, I took it for granted that was that I imagined and didn't see the details.

also not detect reps?
    'free' strength workouts have the same behavior?

Yes, exactly. Both are not detected, even with previous firmware, even doing exercises that should be "easy" for the detection because as I said before I could understand it in exercises that are complex to detect like leg curl, etc. As always you can check my activities if you need it.

Do the tips listed in the 2nd FAQ help?

I understand that I meet all these conditions but they are still not detected Disappointed

What is a waste of time. Fixed reps would be so much better

I agree with this. Editing it is not an option at least for me, it is time consuming, even less during the session. I think if it automatically counted the reps assigned to the workout and gave them for done when pressing Lap, it would be better and would consume less battery sensing that :) Maybe it could be a new option: auto-detect reps or directly count the assigned reps as "done".
    Here too, it could be improved to be able to add exercises that are not currently included in Connect. For example, today I cannot add the Hack Squat machine to my workout. Now looking at it this way maybe are not included because they are not easy to auto-detect, but really the auto-detection of the reps I think are not that important. In the worst case, if I set a workout with 15 reps of a certain exercise and I did only 8, I will have to edit only that value and not all the exercises to assign the reps if I want to keep a strict control.

On Friday I'll give it another shot by creating a workout for shoulders and back with exercises that I think are easier to spot like Lat Pulldown Machine, etc and then I'll tell you about it. Thank you very much.

• I have a fixed workout, will let you know next week which workouts ar and arn't recorded properly. 

• Hello again

today I performed a test again with another Strenght Workout. No Reps of the 28 Sets were detected :(
    Again, it is not important to me that it detects them, and as I said, I prefer that it does not do so and that it takes as Done the ones I have assigned. This way I only modify in case that I can't complete any of them, instead of checking every day if all the Reps were counted correctly. Thank you very much!

• Hi, did my workout.

As requested the recorded reps vs the actual sets. Hope it helps with the calibration. Or just give us the requested feature to fill in de reps by design instead of by measurement ;)

Recorded

Actual 

• Hello again , on this week I performed several Strength Workouts, 100% of them was not detected the Reps. Also today I performed a small test in FREE again with exercises that should be easily to detect, 3 exercises x 12 reps each (Wide-Grip Lat Pull-Down, Supinated Lat Pulldown, Tricep Pull-Down) none of the Reps was detected. Hope that helps.

And again, autodetection is not important to me at least. It is more important that I consider the Reps I assign in my Workout to be completed and count them with their respective weights. Thank you!