This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Sleep metrics

How do I stop this crazy watch recording nonsense - rest as sleep, sleep duration and sleep quality and messing up training readiness and recovery times? I never had a problem with previous watches! Exasperated!

• I’ve tried a couple of strap tightness and changed arms all for no improvement.

• My watch is quite tight on my wrist to the point I even see the imprint of the OHR sensor on my wrist.  There is something which causes the sensor to go off because I've actually witnessed this a few times when I am lying in bed and not moving much.  When I check the sensor I realised it has gone off, not sure why it happens even with the replacement watch

I've had the Fenix 5, RF935 and 945 and never had this issue.  Those models worked perfectly compared to this 955 model.  Perhaps it's time to switch to another brand

• Two watches solar and non-solar same issue. I train in the morning, mid to late afternoon onwards is sedentary- iPhone, browsing tv , working, 955 records that as sleep. No stopping it or syncing corrections fixes it. Training metrics corrupted. if I’m driving or moving more it’s fine. For me the watch is useless - fix suggestions 1 raise detection threshold in software or 2 set a window within which sleep is legitimate (use sleep settings in user setup) or 3 manually start stop like an activity 

• You really think they are going to fix it>? 

Personally I think its a cash grab.. trying to keep ahead of apple advertise all these features when they must know themselves they are not delivering with such a wide range of devices to support. 

I won't be duped again thats for sure! 

• Bump in the hope of getting an answer from Garmin...

• I'm on 14.20 and don't seem to get this bug... I often do a hard workout, then do nothing after. Never had rest marked as sleep.

• if I lie down in the afternoon to rest, it calculates it as sleep and cancels the previous night's sleep. He evidently likes to sleep like Garmin programmers do. This watch is outrageous 

• I've been wearing the 955 for 6 months and have never had sleep overwritten, even if I do take a nap.  What do you have as your Normal Bed Time and Wake Time in your User Profile on the device?

• I set from 10:00 PM to 7:00 AM . In the photo what he detected today while lying down and reading 

• A dumb question, but I only ask as it is something I have screwed up before - Are you certain the AM/PM aren't backwards and it was expecting/looking for you to try to be sleeping between 10AM-7PM