This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

HR issue after updating to 13.22

My device finally got pushed the 13.22 update last weekend or so, and since then my heart rate has been recorded erratically. I contacted support and they said that apparently the new results are "as expected for the activity" but you can't tell me that looks correct, especially when I've been having similar results to the first two images for several months since getting the device. Even during some activities, the heart rate will start out as expected and then begin tracking erratically again.

Heart rate seems to track normally outside of activities, but besides "indoor cycling" I haven't tested if the issue persists.

All activities are indoor cycling and I saw no change regarding it or the heart rate sensor on the changelog for 13.22, though I couldn't find other meaningful changelogs.

12.27 Dec 1st 

12.27 Dec 1st

13.22 Dec 6th

13.22 Dec 6th

13.22 Dec 8th

13.22 Dec 8th

• Hello, probably my last update; thank you for the replies. Garmin reached out to me to replace my device, so I did so. The replacement watch is on 12.29 and does not have the issue but I turned off auto update and probably will not update unless I see the issue acknowledged and fixed in a future update or I have another issue/desire that requires it. This may just have been a defect in my old watch which was 'aggravated' by the update, but it's clear the firmware update was at least the trigger to the problem.

I'll clarify a couple things so the issue is more clear too, just in case. The sensor lights did come on, but they would not stay on as they should have, aligning with how it looks in the graphs above; sometimes staying on for a bit then turning off, then turning back on for little spurts at a time, or just going straight into the erratic behavior, and it was obvious during activities (any that I could test) but it did seem to do the same during normal all-day tracking outside of activities as well.

All other functions of the watch (that didn't rely on the HR sensor) worked fine. I did try both additional soft and hard resets prior to returning my previous watch, and unfortunately neither worked. I hope that if anyone else has this issue and comes upon this thread, the possible solutions provided here help them.

• No one else having this problem? I just did a hard reset cause it drives me crazy. I have many pages in activities for some activities and maybe this causes some overload of the CPU and therefore only happens for some people who have many actvitiy pages?

Did you have many pages OP and did you update the watch meanwhile?

• Please upvote in the bug report section to get this issue recognized and fixed by Garmin:

forums.garmin.com/.../hr-from-wrist-broken

• Answer from

1 day ago

All, 

Because this disruption did not begin with the installation of this beta software, we ask that you post in the main forum app for your device. Beta Bug Reports should only be used to report disruptions caused by the installation of the newest beta software.  For fastest and the most detailed assistance, we encourage you to reach out directly to your local Garmin Product Support team.

--------

I have no words ...

• Since there are a few different threads about this, lets go ahead and use What is going on with the HR readings since 14.13? as the main thread so we can keep the topic organized. Please check that thread for any questions/updates from us.

I will go ahead and lock this thread so no new comments are missed. Thank you!