This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Maps Manager Bug

Maps Manager prompts me to add a map but leaves it in queue without downloading it!

- Does that mean I should pay for that already-on-watch listed map?

- Use Garmin Express??

• The watch will download queued maps when its charging and with wifi. 

Use Garmin Express in faster.

• It doesnt!!!

Does it at least give any indication that it is downloading the maps???

• I realized I have the same problem. I had downloaded the South America map using Garmin Express. But in the watch it was still showing "update available". When setting it to update, it only stayed in queued status, even if the watch pluged and connected to wifi.

So I deleted the map do download it again using the watch.

In the watch I go in maps menu - topo active - add map.

Now it connects to wifi and shows "Requesting Map Update Data" and stays on this screen forever. Never loads the available maps list.

I'm using the last firmware - 13.21. 

Tried with watch pluged and unplugged. 

I just did a full watch reset and the problem persists.

• I hate Garmin!!!!

• Hi all,

To update the matter. I did a full restore/reset on my 955. FW was already 13.21. Even lost my HRV database. The problem persists.

The Map Manager doesn't work in the watch. It connects to wi-fi and then starts "updating maps database" and never leaves that screen. 

I tested the wi-fi connection, and it is working, cos it successfully syncs the watch while not connected to phone Bluetooth.

• Is there a solution to this problem? My 955 faced the same issue, Software V13.22

• I have the same issue - what a disappointing experience so far. Very poor support from Garmin since they are clearly not looking for a solution.

• No issues with maps,i think is not necessary download the maps,the watch have 32 GB of internal memory and all the maps come pre installed. In my 955 works good. Only on my Fenix 7 solar i had to download the topo maps from my region, because only have 16 GB of internal memory 

• I'm at BETA 14.08 and the issue persists. 

Map Manager downloader doesn't work in the Forerunner 955. It connects to Wifi and stays in the screen "updating maps database" forever. 

Did the same test today with the Fenix7 solar and it worked normally in the same WiFi network.