This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Lactate Threshold Not Updating in Garmin Connect

FW 12.23.
Today, once again after a workout, the watch offered to save updated data on the lactate threshold - 175 bpm and 4:13 temp. I pressed save. Then I look at the clock and see that the values ​​​​have not been saved. The pace remained the same 4:19. The lactate threshold was 175 - there is nothing to update here. It's not the first time. This happened on 11.2 and 12.2 as well.

Top Replies

All Replies

• Mine updated today first time in week.

• Well, not working here...

Did an interval and got a lactate treshold update after it, accepted it but nothing in garmin connect...

Last update with both HR and pace is from august 8th and then there's a pace only one from august 22nd

Watch shows the current one, september 27th

• Mine seems to work now as well. I got a new entry on Sep 23 after an interval training (TE "VO2max"). The shown threshold and pace is plausible to me.

Thanks Garmin! 

• Could you please tell if:

* The succesful update was after a 'normal' run or a treshold test? (Seems normal runs)

* If syncing was done using the phone (android, iphone?), wifi or the computer?

* Which firmware? (beta 12.25 or the latest official 12.23)

Trying to figure out why I don't get updates...

Running 12.25 here myself, syncing is done over phone (android) with the latest garmin connect. But don't get any treshold updates here...

• Hi,

It seems to be a never ending story...

To answer your questions first, my successful update was after a guided lactate threshold test, syncing via GCM on my Android mobile phone, with firmware 12.25.

But, I had a threshold training today and it triggered the detection of new values, that I accepted. The FR955 is up to date but unfortunately, nothing is getting transferred neither on GCM, nor GC Web. I tried both mobile bluetooth sync and cable sync via Garmin express.

By looking at what could have changed, I saw my cell phone received version 4.59 of GCM 2 days ago...

• - the new threshold has been detected and was shown on Sep 23, after  a 'normal' VO2max-Run (4x fast 1 km intervals). An interesting point is that since then the previous threshold, detected on Sep 20, is shown in the diagram as well. And this was not the case before. FYI, this was a normal tempo run.

- all syncs performed using an Android phone (Samsung S22)

- firmware: 12.25 shown on watch though GC app (Rev. 4.59) says 12.23. Both with suffix [DFU-44be53]

I attached a screenshot of the diagram later. The only issue I experience at the moment is the first entry. I did a longer, slow road bike tour using Garmin Edge 830. After this activity, I received the message that a new max HR has been detected. Since then the first values (169 BPM / 5:13 min/km) appeared which were the only ones since Sep 23, as mentioned.

I hope this wasn't too confusing, otherwise please ask again.

• Thanks a ton for the detailed response! Very clear indeed...

Still no clue why it won't sync for me, latest run was a treshold primary effect... perhaps something there (it showed me a lactate update on watch, which I accepted but wasn;t synced).

Ah well, maybe next time ;)

• Interesting , I was looking at your posts and Today I had an update Lactate Threshold on the watch which I accepted. On t watch it is reflected as such. BUT on the GC app there is no recorded Lactate threshold since August on the Graph under 4W, partial period under the  and 6m , but it is correct  under 1y screens , The number underneath corresponds to the update today. I guess its a GC App Bug...

Im on iOS 16 

• Doesn't matter for me, 7D, 4W, 1Y... latest is from august. Re-checked:

13th aug, FW11.12: Updated both HR and pace

23 and 25th aug: FW12.20: Pace only update

28th aug, FW12.23: Pace only update

Since then nothing... Despite various updates on the watch and accepting/confirming these.

(Also in july 2 updates with HR and pace on the 11.12 FW... Looks like it might have something to do with the entire Training Effect debacle as well?)

• Kevin - Any update you can share with the group?