This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Yet more FR 955 bugs

• After an activity, the watch sometimes forgets it is in 24-hours mode and switches back to 12-hours mode.
  • Open Water swim paces are completely off from reality, probably because distance isn't being recorded accurately either.
  • In biking mode, adding anything from the "Other" category (like Calories or Load) causes an entirely different data-field to be added (like e-bike something or a connect iq field).
  • I went from an easy run and it suggested reducing my max HR from 188 to 186. According to the manual it is supposed to only recommended increases. How can it tell from an easy run anyway...
  • The same very easy run generated a recovery time of 36 hours, which seems very long.

All of this with using an HRM-Pro.

• I also use this watch with an HRM, I have personally experienced the last 3 bugs as well.

-I don't even try to edit data fields from the phone anymore, or during an activity as it will reset.

-I tested my HR last year and got up to 193 at 34yrs old, it tried to suggest I lower it to 189, I quickly turned off auto Max HR suggestions.

-I had this happen to me and posted about it. It happened to me after I started the run with the HRM not connected, then connected it and downloaded HR data afterwards and got a crazy 50hr recovery. The proof was looking at the run on Runalyze.com where you can clearly see the run had 25 HR recovery time on file but the watch doubled it. This happened with my fenix 6 as well so it seems to be device-wide and has not been fixed.

Further on that last point if anyone from Garmin is reading: It is very annoying that I can do a 7 mile hard run, maybe a 3.4 on Aerobic, get 24-26hr recovery. But if I divide that up into 2 activities, it will be 36-40+ recovery time. There should be a true up of some sort. This is not a bug but an error in the algorithm device wide. I have done this multiple times and now just do not do it. It is annoying especially when I want to do a hard run followed by a cool-down. But in order to get a normal recovery time I have to include the cool-down into the hard run which messes with averages. I would even be happy with the watch having an option for a cool-down activity post-run that would not create such crazy recovery times.

• Everything is very open with a clear description of the issues. It was truly informative. Your website is very helpful. Many thanks for sharing!