This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Can't set HR Zones manually?

On the Forerunner 945 I was able to manually set my HR Zones. I use TrainingPeaks and a HR zone calculation that comes from CTS. I'd like to plug those zones in for my HRZ on the 955 Solar, but there doesn't appear to be a way to do that manually. Everything seems a calculation that's deferred to the watch.

Any pointers or help?

• I'm surprised that no one else has commented on this post. Am I the only one who needs to set these manually?

• HR zones can be set on the app

Garmin Devices -> User Profile -> HR Zones

You can set a base HR which should go through to your sport specific zones and sync to the watch. 

There’s a few issues with HR zones that we’re hoping Garmin will fix very soon. This aspect of the watch (especially with HR oriented workouts) has frustrated me beyond count. 

But yes, you can amend HR zones via the app. 

• Thank you, . Sadly, this isn't working for me. Please see this recording that shows there's a bug in the Garmin Mobile app that prevents me from successfully setting these zones.

https://vimeo.com/724503371

You'll see that there's a bug when setting Z4.

• Hi, I think you can get around your video bug if you start at Z5 and set it then move to Z4 and so on. It doesn't set a value if one is already taken in another zone. That is how I got around it.

I am having a different issue though. I can set all values manually and set watch to not auto update max hr but it disregards the values for every wo showing I worked in higher zones than I actually did. I have reset HR zones and removed Stort specific HR zones but nothing has helped. 

• I created a thread on here about this issue and also logged a ticket with Garmin. 
    They required screenshots even though I had explained we are not able to edit our sport/running heart rate.  I have sent them images of my Fenix 7 heart rate settings to compare against my 955.

I am absolutely shocked and appalled there has been no communication from them on here since day 1, not even an acknowledgement that they are working on fixes.

I am amazed editing heart rate settings what not picked up on during testing as surely this is something that has to be configured and not left as default by runners.

Garmin this is appalling customer service and is seriously making me consider my future with you.

• I also set this manually from the watch, and garmin is adjusting this. However I haven't been running yet to my max HR. I remember that after such run watch sets this correctly and keeps it.

• Did the issue of being able to set HR Zones manually ever get properly fixed, please?

Can HR Zones be set for General, Running, Cycling and Swimming?

Can this be done from the watch or App?

Thinking of buying 955 but the ability to set HR Zones manually is an important feature for me.

If you happen to know, does Fenix 7 series have same issue with HR Zones?

• Not sure if the HR zone issues got fixed. I was able to set HR zones manually on my watch as well as running FTP and power zones and haven't had any issues.

I have max HR and LTHR manually entered, and auto detect turned off. RHR is auto-adjusted based on overnight averages.

HR zones are manually set based on LTHR percentages. Percentage ranges are custom and the LTHR was manually entered as well. I did the same with running FTP and power zones. I have FTP auto detect turned off.

If you need LT related metrics to stick, unfortunately there's a bug related to that. In any case it's more accurate to do your own test. If you rely on the watch to auto-detect LTHR all the time it will underestimate most of the time since an LT test is done at a much higher intensity than most training sessions.