This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery consumption: initial observations?

i know it's probably way to early to start this discussion, but i figure crowd sourcing may yield some insights. in short, after very disappointing battery use, in particular smart watch mode endurance on my 945LTE, i have been hyperaware of how much battery use my 955 Solar is using. just overnight (8-9 hours), i was surprised to see it dropped 3-4%. it may be that the battery gauge is poorly calibrated, but so far, even though one would guess it has a larger battery than the 945LTE, i'm finding consumption not very different.

on the positive side, for my one activity so far, a 70 minute run with Multiband+All satellites, i used up 6% which right on target with spec. (basically zero sun since i ran before and just as the sun was coming up).

i'd love to hear other people's impressions and experiences as some of you have had the watch (just a bit ;) ) longer.

• Fully charged mine on Saturday night. Did a Half Marathon with Pace Pro and navigation, music, gps all systems (including 2k warm up). 45 minute bike ride yesterday, and wearing the watch 24/7 (SPO2 sensor is off). 

currently at 67% battery as of now 

• Got the watch 4 days ago and charged it yesterday when it hit 60% went to be on 92% and woke up today on 62% something not right 

• Somebody said something, somewhere about garmin connect app being the issue, I noticed this is partly true.
    I think the moment you sync the watch with garmin connect, the sync service keeps going on the watch.

The day before yesterday I sync my watch to garmin connect and lost 20% during the night, yesterday I sync my watch with garmin connect and restarted the watch, tonight I only lost 1% of battery.
    Right now I restart the watch after every sync with garmin connect and the battery seems to be stable.

• Is this with Garmin Connect on Android or iOS?

I don't see any extra drain whether I sync or not. And never as much as 20% overnight, even with the Pulse Oximeter enabled.

• for me this is android, this is just something that I noticed. Maybe it is coincidence...

• Android here too 

• Android 12 on Pixel 3a here.

• Android 11 oneplus nord

• Currently on 40% now, after 2 cycle activities and a 65 minute run on Tuesday, plus another 50 minute run yesterday. 

• Doesn't seem to be the case here... have it connected to my phone over bluetooth constantly and no drain (also android).

12th of june 15:00 - Charged to 100% 

Now (16th of june, 12:00) - 70% left

This is with: 1h45m walk gps-only, 35m run gps only, 35m run all+multiband and my own custom watchface with seconds always on.

I think either my stryd was causing issues (I don't have it connected anymore but it seemed to connect randomly even when just in watch mode, so I just use it in standalone mode as I don't use it for pace anyway) or something else but things seem pretty fine now.