Wi-Fi Connection Says 'Incorrect Password'

Hello - 

I have a FR945 that I've had for years. The firmware update has now made the watch unable to connect to a wi-fi network. It keeps saying incorrect password. I have updated the password at least ten times, tried restarting the watch, nothing works. My phone and all other devices are using the wi-fi without a problem - so clearly this is an issue with the watch. Any suggestions?

• Update: set up guest network for 2.4, put phone on that channel and tried to update watch to that channel.  Same problem.  This is ridiculous...

• Update to update - tried complete reset of watch.  When it came to the stage where you set up new device on garmin app, same wifi issue occurred.  I've run out of solutions.

• Yes, phone and watch have to be connected to the same 2.4 network.

• I have a FR645 and the last week or two anytime I try to connect the my home WIFI I'm getting "Incorrect Password"

I've tried everything....

- Confirmed latest software on the watch

- Reconfirmed entered password is correct

- Confirmed the network requirements as previous post from Garmin

- Removed network and re-added it again

- Rebooted the watch multiple times

What else am I missing...?

• I isolated the issue to unsupported characters in the password. In my case, it was a space. I removed the space and the watch could connect to the network. If I put the space back into the password, it could no longer connect. I had this issue with Blueair air purifiers as well and it took them years to fix their app - which can now connect to networks with spaces in the password. 

• You’re TOP my friend, thanks!

• MY SOLUTION (7182456 was correct as well):
    1. Make sure your 2,4 Wi-Fi uses only channel 1-11. You do not need to separate your 2,4 and 5 Wi-Fi.
    2. Wi-Fi passwords must be at least 8 characters
    3. Garmin Connect is programmed as if you write a normal sentence and not a password. This is why my last character, an ! is handled like the end of a sentence. The consequence of that, is that my keyboard adds a space automatically behind the !. Garmin Connect treats this space as a character. So I eliminated the space....done. (Android, for example, is smart and ignores a space behind a password)

Since the letters are so tiny within Connect, it took me a while to see that there is a space automatically behind the !  .