This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 945: Inaccurate Training Effect (affecting Training Load Focus)

Why does Garmin choose to think that I have run a tempo run when only 1 min was in tempo Zone 4 and 49 mins were in the aerobic Zone 3.

My Zones are set from LTHR (8:24 pace 173 BPM)

• Have a similar issue, but for an easy/ recovery run, never even left Zone 2

Has been an issue since opting into Garmin beta which I think adjusted the algo of training effect?

• Hi, I have a similar problem with Forerunner 945. It started for me around mid-August. Previously even runs around 73% MHR (Zone 3) were rated as "Base", now even short runs with lower HR around 70% are rated as "Tempo". In fact, until August my watch never showed "Tempo" training effect. Could this be related to a software update? Or is it related to pushing one's capacity forward with more frequent training and the device evaluating the data differently? I haven't found a reassuring answer anywhere yet.

• Lately I have the same issue. Mine got more interesting today when i got a Vo2Max benefit while never leaving zone 2 on a slow recovery run.

connect.garmin.com/.../9589294106

• I am noticing this is the problem with my account as well recently.  todays 5.3mi easy run was just 43minutes total, avg HR was 135 (68%) and maximum was 143 (73.7%).  My HR was only at 140-143 for a very small amount of time on a couple little hills or pace increases.   load was 80.

Defnity should have been recovery or base at most considering my typical training loads (750-1300 per wk, vo2 64)

• Hello all,

We have other reports of this and are actively investigating.  When we know more or have any updates to share, I'll be posting to this thread.  Thank you in advance for your patience with us while we conduct this investigation.

• All,

Please see our recently released beta software for a fix addressing this report. If you prefer to not install this beta software, we hope to be rolling out a public software update soon, though I do not have a timeline for this release. If you are still seeing this issue after installing the beta software, please contribute your observations in the appropriate beta bug reports section of the beta forums for your specific device.

Enrolling in Garmin Beta Software Program

• Hard to say if it's fixed, apparently my heart rate zones have changed along with this update, so i skimmed the lower end of zone 3 for half the run.

connect.garmin.com/.../9611692659

• I ran with the 11.60 firmware this morning, spent 36 minutes in HR zone 2 and 2 minutes in HR zone 3 and my run was classified as a Tempo run. I'm not sure the fix was successful as I don't expect that level of effort to be reported as a Tempo run.

• yeah that seems odd to me as well.  

mine seems good, did 42min zone2 and hill sprints with 5min in zn3-4.  said BASE 

the issue before was it reporting the workout from the day before I think... my workout yesterday was a hard Threshold/vo2 type treadmill run (2x10min high threshold...with 50-70sec surges well above LT) which was report as Tempo to vo2 (cna't recall and page is acting up so can't check)

• If you are still seeing what you perceive as an inaccurate Training Effect after updating to 11.60, please answer the following:

1. May we, if necessary, have permission to email you?
    2. May we, if necessary, have permission to view/access your Garmin Connect account?
    3. In what country do you live?