This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR 945: Inaccurate Training Effect (affecting Training Load Focus)

Why does Garmin choose to think that I have run a tempo run when only 1 min was in tempo Zone 4 and 49 mins were in the aerobic Zone 3.

My Zones are set from LTHR (8:24 pace 173 BPM)

• This is a popular thread nd I definitevely think is a bug of Firstbeat algorythm which Garmin is using to provide this metrics. I have the same issue and tried to refine better the cardio zones, with no relevant results for this.... 

• I think it's just right. You have been over your aerobic threshold => Tempo. Those colors might mislead you.

Zone 1 Warmup
    Zone 2 Easy
    <Aerobic threshold>
    Zone 3 Aerobic
    Zone 4 Threshold
    <Anaerobic threshold>
    Zone 5 Maximum

If you want Low Aerobic aka Base/Recovery, do it under your Aerobic threshold.
    Base is done in the Zone 2, Recovery in the Zone 1.

• I believe its just the 1 min in Zone 4 that is triggering the primary benefit as tempo. If  for 49 mins I had not reached threshold pace or HR you cant say its a Tempo run

• "Impacting Tempo

This activity had enough effort at tempo pace (medium to high intensity) to improve your muscular endurance."

This statement is clearly wrong

• Why? There's a lot of happening in zone 3 which is medium to high intensity?

• Garmin options to what it is are:

Anaerobic:
    Sprint
    Anaerobic capacity

High aerobic:
    VO2max 
    Threshold
    Tempo

Low aerobic:
    Base
    Recovery

It's in Zone3, can't be low aerobic. It's not in Zone5, can't be Anaerobic. So it's high aerobic. It's not near the Threshold, so hard to say Threshold or VO2max, so I think from those options Tempo is all you got.

And if you think that is wrong, then what should it be in your opinion then? 

And if you were trying to run Base run, then keep the HR in zone 2.

• I have the same problem!!! Every activity I do, running or cycling is detected as **TEMPO** ! For example:

Does this look like a TEMPO workout? 

It used to work better before. I think something messed up with the 10.40 update.

• Another 2 examples of  "TEMPO" from the last days.

The second one beats all records now. Exercise averaging in 1.8 Z, giving out a TEMPO result :) 

• But compared to OP, your main zone is Zone 2. Your activity looks more like it should be Base. For example this was "run" where I was teaching friend to orienteer:

It was:

So why you are getting Tempo from that is then probably that the TE is over 3 and loads are big. Why so? To that I don't have answer. But I can see some of my TE over 3 still being Base and some of them being Tempo. Like I'm somewhat surprised that this was Base:

• The load this days was just absolutely base. Some 5km morning runs, and a 2 hour easy cycling session. But I've done many like these before. It started the last week or so. I train everyday, it's easy to spot that there's something in the water ;)