This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Multi-sport (Triathlon activity). Not GPS during transition

Some time ago, when I do a triathlon, during the transition the GPS is deactivated and in the map you only see a little dot. Any idea about how can be fixed that?

Thanks!

• Hi, similar problem here. I did a Triathlon last weekend and set the watch to Multi-Sport. My old FR 935 recorded my way through the transition zones, the 945 does not. Additionally the first kilometer of the run part was recorded incorrect, the pace was totally off and the 1k autolap was already taken at around 700 meters!

Any news on that problem? 

• It used to work correctly - like last year. This year I experienced similar issues.

• I have also experienced the same problem since a month ago after some update. It doesn't show the distance during transition, and then adds it to the run at the very beginning. So for example, if you've covered 500m during T2 and then start the run, suddenly you begin with 500m already, which messes the avg. pace completely.

• Good to know. I had similar problem last weekend no GPS during transition and an insane pace for the first running kilometer. I was wondering why the first km was so much off.

• I just had the exact same problem racing this past weekend.  On may 1st I raced and triathlon mode worked fine, giving me a map of my transitions and Mike splits on the run.  I changed nothing between that race and the 2 I just did this past weekend. Has anyone at garmin addressed this issue?  Any fixes?

• Now that you mention it, I had the same issue in a triathlon on June 19.  That was my first tri this year, so I can’t tell when it changed. (I’m not seeing anything odd about the run pace, though.)

• For me it changed after an update between May 7th (worked well with GPS map of transitions) and May 15th (no GPS in T1/T2). After that there was another software update where I hoped it would be solved but unfortunately not.

I wrote to the support team but haven't got an answer yet. Will follow up if I know more.

• Same thing detected. Last tri with transition indicating distance correctly was on May 8th.

On the next tri on May 28th transition did not show distance of T1 or T2 as you can see on both screenshots

And also first running kilometer after T2 is not real.

• Yesterday I was on my second triathlon this year and still the same problem in T1 and T2. And nothing happened in Garmin.