This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Will Trail VO2 max come to 945?

Rainmaker said so, but there is no sign of it, no new beta, nothing.

Since it's mostly an algorithm change  and it's out for the fenix 6 some weeks ago, I guess the 945 is slowly being abandoned.... Disappointed

• As you say, DCR confirmed that this will be coming to other devices, including the 945.

I do the majority of my easy running on trails. I'm coming back from injury, so only doing ~30-40 miles a week at the moment. My watch has now stopped showing training status as I havent done a road run for a while! Hopefully this inclusion of trails into the algorithm fixes this.

• April has arrived and we have no Trail Run VO2Max, no beta firmware, nothing...

We've been dumped !

Disappointed

• Incidentally, she forgot several features, sleep monitoring is horrible and does not reflect Recovery pro. You buy a $450 watch and sometimes lose in appeal for Chinese watches. If garmin doesn't wake up, it will lose customers these years. The choirs are entering the American market strongly and are expanding for everyone.

• You buy a $450 watch and sometimes lose in appeal for Chinese watches.

Then go with your Chinese watch. You're not fooling anyone. If you're Chinese watch was so much better, you'd own one and would have no reason to post here. Your post is nothing but a feeble attempt to to gain sympathy from other like minded people like road-run. 

We've been dumped !

Sad and pathetic, but water seeks it's own level. By the way, your reference to a "Chinese" watch is insulting and a little racist.  What exactly are you implying? 

• What about Solar? That is a feature which I miss on the 945, also more battery life would be great and better and faster GPS.

• I see that I didn't understand the same purpose, I seeming said how Chinese manufacturers can deliver more efficient resources with less value. I actually praised their ability to innovate. I see you didn't understand anything.

• How on earth could they possibly add Solar charging without altering the hardware in every watch? The Fenix 6 Solar series has solar glass which is how it can recharge in the sun, the 945 does not have this glass.

• How on earth do you think he was asking solar to be added via software?

If you click "in reply to road-run" you will see "don't think a 955 will be on the horizon, there is no need for it. 945 is still a segment leader. maybe next year?" as what road-run wrote.

Then you can probably figure out that Ivan was meaning that solar would be a reason to launch 955, not suggesting that it would be added via software.

C'mon, try to read the posts before answering something so stupid.

• Please, don't use my posts to insult other users. Don't use my posts as an oportunitty to ask for unreasonable features, or any other features. Also don't use my posts as an opportunity to show devotion to your beliefs and attack other user's requests.

I use Garmin devices long enough to know that, it comes a time, sooner than later, that Garmin abandonds their devices. It's natural. We're on XXI century, companys have to evolve, grow, develop and sell new devices (or same devices pretending new devices) It's OK, it's the way to pay bills, salaries, stakeholders, etc. I lost count to times I bought a Garmin device and then, after some time, switched to a better one, with more features, etc.

I honestly think, as I already mentioned, that the 945 is the actual leader of the segment. For me it's the leader overall. I owned Fenixes but this form factor and everything else, it's king! Don't care about "adventure" marketing features. I will easily overcome the gaps. I, me, my opinion.

This is mostely due to Garmin strategy of keeping almost all possible features in sync in the 945, and fenix 6 platform. So I have both worlds in my wrist.

But... there comes a time of abandon. I already explained. It will come.

So, this post is about a feature that although DC Ray said it will come.... DC is not Garmin employee, nor DC speaks for Garmin, This post is for trying to figure if THIS feature will really come to 945 or not. 

If it's not coming, it's the signal that the process of dumping the 945 has began. If it appears in the next beta.... great. One more bonus for us, before, one of these days, we're going to be dumped. It's normal. Garmin can't maintain all their devices endelessly. 

So if you don't have nothing to say about the post topic, please create your own post. There you can do whatever you whish. I promiss I won't be there juding your thoughts, insulting you or other users. I much prefer to spare that time using my 945 training. 

Have a nice Easter if that's your belief.

• So.... things start to become clear.... Sorry for those that didn't see it coming... Unfortunately I was right.

Still hope to be proven wrong, but until then, the only thing we have is this:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/254656/vo2max-in-trail-running

It started....