This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Battery drain after 6.20 update

My forerunner 945 was autoupdated overnight and since them am observing very high battery drain.

In about a 5 hour period (without any activities) it has drained from 88% to 24%.

Is anyone else experiencing any problems since receiving this update in particular? 

Thanks.

Christian 

• Update: so after recieving my replacement 945 it came with software 5.50, I've disabled any auto updates and been using the past 2 days. All seems good, battery working like my old one before the 6.20 update. It definitely is linked to the software update

• That doesn't definitely tell that, if you would update it to 6.20 and it would still do it, then you might have strong case that you are doing something that causes battery drain.

There is someone posting about battery drain after every update. I would guess that the problem is more linked to the upgrade process itself somehow triggering it, not the firmware itself.

Usually holding light button for 15s helps, sometimes not, but I'm not convinced that it's the firmware itself as most people are not experiencing those issues.

• Last time was 7 days of battery life, with pulsOX on at night time and 1 hour of training per day, bluetooth always on, wifi always off, is it ok?

• PulseOx is a major battery drainer. With 1 hour of daily activities (especially if GPS was used) your 7 day of battery life is fine. 

• @2  Actually I have to admit that is right. 

Initialy after receiving my new replacement and updating it to 6.20 my batter was draining a lot even with default apps. I did soft and hard restart and surprisingly i stopped. It's been almost 2 weeks and my battery last for 8 days including 2-3 running activities  with GPS so I this is very satisfying result !

• Better than mine. For me, it is only 3 days, ~1 hr of activity per day. 

• I have the same problem! The battery life is 3 to 4 days!!!

• I now agree with oyu that i dont think its specifically linked to the 6.20 software but possibly the way it installs on the device.  I updated my new 945 to 6.2 on Friday evening last week using Garmin express and NOT auto upload.  since i have done the upgrade to 6.20 on my new watch the battery consumption seems the same as when it was running on the 5.5 software.  Very strange though and dont know how people can resolve this if they have already installed 6.2 and experiencing battery drain

• I joined Garmin with FR645M (complete disappointment), initially I did the updates with wifi and I had problems, but then always with express and always soft reset after reaching the new SW version, I never had problems with either 645M, 945 and edge 130. Now I don't remember where I read on the forum but there is a post by a Garmin moderator who recommends upgrades with the PC because they have a slightly different and more stable mode than the other methods and so it is been verified by myself.

• Better than mine. For me, it is only 3 days, ~1 hr of activity per day. 

Me too.  I continue to be baffled by those that get 7+ days and wonder what the heck I'm doing wrong.