This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

When are Garmin going to fix this ridiculous Jaybird Bug

Hi everyone,

putting this out there as normally when I encounter a bug I just give it a bit of time and its usually fixed in the next release but this issue where Garmin seems to have cocked up the BT connection to Jaybird headphones has been going for months now. They seem to have messed it up around Sensor Hub 5.3 and its not wired properly since and from what I can see people are having the same or similar issues.

Some of the things I've tried are deleting the headphones from the watch, factory resetting the headphones, deleting Spotify and reinstalling. Occasionally doing all this seems to fix the issue for a few runs but then it suddenly just starts again and it becoming really annoying!

For the record, I have the following issue:

Garmin 945, Jaybird Vista and Spotify

Run with one headphone when running

Music plays fine if just stream music, but as soon as I start an activity it times out at almost exactly 5 minutes (though this time has changed sometimes!). Turning off the headphones and turning back on seems to fix for another five minutes but if for example I try to reconnect from the watch instead of turning headphones off, the headphones say 'connected' but nothing plays so you press play on the headphone and you just get white noise which I gather is jus the bluetooth playing when there is no actual signal?

Anyone found any better solutions though I cant think anything can fix it besides Garmin pulling their finger out:(

• Yeah that isn't really good enough is it! I've tried an older version of the Jabra's and they fall out of my ears...

Has anyone tried throwing the Consumer Rights Act at them? Products are supposed to operate "as described". Seems like a fairly clear violation of that to me, no?

• Has anyone tried throwing the Consumer Rights Act at them? Products are supposed to operate "as described". Seems like a fairly clear violation of that to me, no?

Another sh*thouse lawyer.  Why don't YOU throw the Consumer Rights Act at them and then let us know how it went?  Oh, and let them know my Bose have never failed me too. 

• My jaybirds finally stopped charging and I replaced with jabra active  75t. No issues like I was having.

• I have asked them for further details on their plan to fix the bug, and if they cannot provide this then yeah, my plan is to politely remind them of their obligations under the consumer rights act...Not sure that's being a sh*thouse lawyer. is it? I'm glad your Bose work, and I'll be sure to consider them if I need to replace my Vistas! :) 

• Really doubt there's any standing there. I had the jay birds working pretty consistently but jabra has been superior

• Based on all of the information, the anger/support calls etc should be directed at Jay Bird.  They are the ones that are having issues, Bluetooth is a standard... if theirs is the only headphone model with a reoccurring issue, there is something wrong with their Receiver hardware or electronics firmware. 

If it was a specific mishandling of bluetooth signal on Garmin's side of firmware/programming or a weak transmitter... it would be very widespread issue regardless of model of headphone or speaker.  

Maybe cellphones or other watches are able to work around or bandaid the issue to prevent this problem with the Vistas... but I would say if widespread Garmin Bluetooth compatability across many brands/pricepoints/etc is working, it is something on the Vista that is beyond what is standard Bluetooth or headphone hardware expectations.

• Let us know what Jaybird says to that. I'm kind of annoyed to see these Jaybird issues in Garmin forums.

• Yeah, this does seem plausible & quite likely. Earlier in this thread it looked like something Garmin had tried to fix, is all. But who knows?! 

• I have asked them for further details on their plan to fix the bug, and if they cannot provide this then yeah, my plan is to politely remind them of their obligations under the consumer rights act...Not sure that's being a sh*thouse lawyer. is it?

In this case, yes.  When it's apparent that Garmin works with many earphones and a specific brand is having issues, advising people to remind them about the Consumers Rights Act is silly and bad advice.  It's not Garmin's responsibility to insure they work with every make and model available. 

• Don't worry, I'm not advising anyone to do anything! As far as I can tell Garmin don't publish a comptability list. They're only specification is that the headphones must be Bluetooth enabled. The law is quite generous to consumers - products must work "as described". Its especially generous when the product is expensive (which the 945 definitely is!). 

As another poster mentioned, I'm by no means convinced it's a problem with Garmin - it may well be Jaybirds, in which case the same would apply. Garmin's earlier posts on this thread did imply it was their software issue though, and we haven't heard anything differently since so...I dunno! 

Tbh the primary reason I upgraded to the 945 was for the music capability - if it turns out that the feature doesn't work, then it doesn't seem totally bonkers to ask for a fix or a partial refund does it?