This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

945 frozen with Blue Triangle of Death

Hi, I bought my 945 approx. 3 months ago. In the beginning everything worked fine, but since 3 or 4 weeks the watch randomly freezes, displaying a blue triangle. Most of the time I see this in the morning - so I guess it could be caused by a sync or an automatic update task running at night. Unfortunately the only solution then is to do a hard-reset. Sometimes it then comes back normally, but sometimes it just displays the triangle again after the restart. In these cases I repeat the hard reset a couple of times, and then the watch comes up with the initial setup routine.

I already went through this initial setup routine several times as well as a complete factory reset via the menu directly on the watch, but after one or two days of normal operation the problem returns.

Any suggestions? Many thanks!

• if you’ve added nothing to your watch then you should contact Garmin Support. It is possible that you do have a defective watch.

• Have you updated the watch via Garmin Express? Most updates comes via the app, but not all so check with Garmin Express from time to time. Mostly it is map updates from Garmin Express that can take hours to complete.

• Hi, I had added one Data Field (via Connect IQ) and one Watch Face shortly after I bought the watch, but didn´t had any issues with those. However, I assume that these things are gone completely anyway after doing a factory reset - or am I wrong?

• Hi, no the updates all came via the iPhone App (Garmin Connect) or via WLAN directly. However, I connected it also to Garmin Express, and there were only some map updates offered (no new firmware), which indeed would take a couple of hours. Could these maps have an impact on the stability of the watch and cause such fatall faults?