This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

BT headphones keep disconnecting from 945. New issue!

As of Saturday, my 945 keeps disconnecting from my Jaybird Vista earphones. Haven't had this problem at all during the 2/3 months I've had the watch. The music goes off, then the headphones say disconnected and it shows disconnected on the watch. Pressing play on the watch then reconnects them. It can happen every 5 minutes or sometimes not for 20 minutes but ultimately it just keeps happening and I have to give up and use the phone instead. I wear the watch on my left wrist and the bt unit is in the right ear pod, so on Sunday I put the watch on my right wrist - makes no difference. Firmware on watch is up to date, and after my running on Saturday I also updated the firmware on the earphones. Did a LOT of running on Saturday and Sunday and this was constant. Help! :-)

• Yes mine was great with that firmware for a few months and then it came back last week.

is there a reason the fix isn’t mentioned in the beta firmware change log?

anyway I’m about to head out and test it!

• Has lasted 4 minutes sigh 

• After putting the new beta firmware on last night my headphones lasted 4 minutes today before cutting off. I didn’t bother even trying again until near the end of my run and they cut off a few minutes after I started. Sigh!

I really don’t get what they worked for months and then just started doing it again. 

• As you guys can see from my previous post, I had the same problem with my garmin 945 and my jarybird vista, after the last firmware update, two months ago. After I contact garmin support and didn't have a good feedback from them (you can see from my last post as well), I have tried something someone else say It might work and it did worked for me. I have been running using my earbuds since then and everything is fine. Try to unpair the earbuds from your watch, turn off your watch completely, turn on again and pair again the earbuds, then try to run with them. I don't know if this will solve the problems, but I hadn't have any problems so far. I am still expecting a official reply from garmin support for the issue.

• I tried this (after having installed the firmware beta the day before) before yesterdays run and the earphones worked without any issue on a 1hr run. Thank you  - I so hope that's an end to the issue :-)

• Posted on the other main thread, but BETA 6.04 does not fix the problem.

"Beta 6.04 DOES NOT fix the problem. Have had two runs riddled with problems.

Today

5 miles, 38:27...I had 16 Disconnects. The longest connection lasted 5 minutes, the shortest about 20-30 seconds. This is unnaceptable. I have reflahsed Vista firmware, factory rest, and only paired to watch. Have had watch forget connection and restarted and reconnected. If i connect and listen to music outside a workout, no disconnects. After I hit stop on the watch after a run/activity, now listening for 10+ minutes without disconnects. Garmin, get it together. It has been 3+ months with core functionality crippled. Headphones disconnecting every 2.5-3 minutes on average is not acceptable. The Vista work with every other device I have tried.

Another thing, the 945 no longer gives me any interval prompts through the vista. When connected with headphones and watch to phone, i get the updats. When listening to music through phone speakers and watch connected, I still get voice prompts. I used to get them a long time ago through the vistas, LIke 6+ months ago. How is the system this broken?"

• I noticed the firmware on the watch updated on Friday. On Saturday I was constantly disconnected from the headphones, every 2 minutes, for an hour.

I’ve reset the headphones and removed them from the watch then re added and will see how it is today.

What’s the official status of this bug, is it supposedly fixed? 

• Constant disconnect for 3 hours today. Sometimes it disconnects so quickly that it hasn’t actually resumed playing from reconnecting after the last disconnection.

These are my favourite ever earphones but as I have an instant replacement guarantee I’m going to have to look for an alternative if this carries on. And I really don’t want to Disappointed relieved

• It was supposed to be fixed in the 6.20 update, but I can report it is still effecting some users. Can I have you answer the following questions?

• Does it always happen at the same time after starting an activity, or does it appear to be random?
    • Does it happen if you listen to music outside of an activity?
    • When it disconnects, does it say disconnected or is it a drop/quick reconnect?
    • Is this occurring indoors, outdoors or Both? 

For anyone else still seeing this issue please see the questions above, and leave a response below so I can gather as many reports as possible. 

• Hi,

Thanks for replying 

I can currently only answer some of these but will test the rest.

1) very random. Had about 20 minutes yesterday where I thought it was ok then constant disconnections for 3 hours. Today it was almost straight away and again constant. It seems to do it even more frequently than when I had the problem before.

2) not tried outside of activity - will test.

3) it stops playing and does one of two things - a little gap and then says disconnected, you then wait until the play option shows up, you press play and then it says connected and plays OR it stops playing and doesn’t announce anything - after a pause you see the play option enabled, press it and it immediately says disconnected, then immediately says connected and starts playing. 
    As I mentioned - the other day it was happening so quickly that it didn’t have a chance to start playing again before it was disconnected again. 

4) I only use it outdoors but will check.