This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Software version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
  • Improvements to rep-counting
  • Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
  • Added SkiSkate profile
  • Added BackCountry Ski profile
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
  • Improvements/fixes to payments
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork
  • Made several WiFi related improvements
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Sensor Hub 4.01

• No change log available

GPS version 4.10

• No change log available
  • My watch has now been, stuck on the "loading maps..." screen for 10 minutes. I already held power button for 15 sec, and powered back on but it's stuck on the same screen. Thoughts?

Edit: finally loaded, just took 12 minutes. Ugh

• No, I did it via Garmin Express, so old school cable. 

• I had that issue once every time I unplugged from being connected to the PC or power cycled the watch. This was after an update, or it may have been a Beta install, but the solution was to reinstall the maps from Garmin Express. Hopefully it will not come to that for you, but wanted to give you hope of a solution that worked for me.

• Thanks!  I will try syncing there.

Update - that did it!  When I unplugged my watch from Garmin Express, it told me "Update Available".  I clicked "Install Now", it installed/rebooted, and now my GPS is at 4.1.  So I'm all set, thanks for the tip.  And how weird.  Seems the OTA GPS update is broken? 

• Same issue for me, the my phone app pushed the SW update to 4.40 but after it completed the GPS version was 2.90 (!). So I connected the watch to Garmin Express on my PC and it synced but didn't say anything about an update. Then I unplugged the watch and immediately the watch said there's a GPS update available so I selected install it now and that got my GPS version updated to 4.10.

• Similar experience for me. Audio prompt update, then 4.40 update, then sensor hub update and, finally update from 2.90 (!) to 4.10. Four separate updates, but it is all up to date now.

• Former Member hi all, after update to 4.40 training sstatus falls suddenly to "no status" and 7 days training load falls to 0! Although in GC there are all histrical activities recorded until theclast one done. Physio trueUp seems to be not a solution in this case...! How can I retrieve the correct training status now?!

• I have a part after updating most of the menu is in my native Polish but for example after the breathing training I get messages in English

• run and bike details same here with german menu

• I've chosen to perform the update from the watches system menu, and after update the main software version became 4.40 but GPS version became 2.90(!) instead of 4.10.

After connecting to Garmin Express for a while and then disconnecting the watches have offered me to perform another update, and after that the GPS version became 4.10.

It's very poor that Garmin releases the update that applies partially over the air and they don't announce it so everyone have to try and fail for different scenarios to get their's devices updated completely. I hope it is just once when something went wrong in their workflow, maybe because of coronavirus or something and it will not become a habit.

And also I'm a bit disappointed that the weather widget have been reverted back to it's previous firmware version look and feel instead of it's updated version that have been presented in beta firmware like some users have told here.

Update:

There's something wrong with this firmware version anyway. My user interface language is Russian, but when I open the recorded workout menu, I see English labels. However, when I fall into either of options, e.g. All Stats, the interface language is Russian again.

I think Garmin should be wise enough to release some minor software updates ASAP, that fixes such issues here and there