This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Software version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
  • Improvements to rep-counting
  • Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
  • Added SkiSkate profile
  • Added BackCountry Ski profile
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
  • Improvements/fixes to payments
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork
  • Made several WiFi related improvements
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Sensor Hub 4.01

• No change log available

GPS version 4.10

• No change log available
  • As a final update, now that the update is fully rolled out, I connected my watch to Garmin Express yet again.  It sent me a software update.  Then I unplugged the watch and ran the update.  The main software version went to 4.40, but the GPS software number didn't increase, although I now got that exclamation mark that others have noted.

I then plugged my watch back into the computer, and got yet one more software update.  After unplugging my watch and running the update, it appears that my watch is now fully up to date.

A couple comments:

1) Why would you need to update the watch twice to update the system software?  I remember doing things like this for linux about twenty five years ago.  But software updates should be more painless to the user.

2) I still don't know what happened a couple days ago.  It drained my battery and told me something about the audio prompts.  But no explanation for this action by Garmin can be found on the forums.  If I was a bit more paranoid, I'd be worried about someone installing a virus or some malware on my watch.  And this happened without connection to my computer, running (presumably) through Garmin Connect.

• Update was un-painful for me, all at ones.

• Same GPS 2.90 (!) „problem“ for me, though the installation file was already on my watch and I was able to „force“ the update from my watch. Everything as it should be for now. But...

Battery Life is (for the moment) terrible again. I think it was SW 3.90 or before, which had a high battery drain (over 0.5% per hour in smartwatch mode only, used to be 0.33% max on the SW versions before). Since 4.10 it got a bit better again, but not as good as pre-3.90. Right now with 4.40 I‘m at 0.85% per hour in smartwatch mode only... (already did two soft resets). Lets hope it‘s just a momentarely glitch and it will smooth out, but since 3.90 I‘m a bit wary.

Hopefuly the OHR is better now. Newly bought (can‘t remember which SW Version, it was mid-September 2019) it was just great. Super accurate, just spot-on. Better than any other Garmin watches I had before (4 devices with OHR). Now it‘s only accurate when resting (at least). As soon as I start moving, the HR is always too low. This is especialy frustrating when commuting with my bike (or biking in general). I do record my commutes and biking activities with my Edge 830. But intensitiy minutes are measured from the watch. And when even having a HR of say 140 on my Edge 830 (usually using a Garmin HRM-Run, Polar H10 or Polar OH1), my Forerunner tells me I have a HR that is something like 80 - 100... So no or very little intensitiy minutes are recorded. Funnily, also the HR-Chart in GC is pulled from the watch, even though I have recorded an activity with my Edge 830 and using an external HR-Sensor... To counter this, I record an „indoor cycling“ activity with my watch, which I discard when finished. This really shouldn‘t happen. Unfortunately I won‘t use my Edge 830 anytime soon (wifi broken, will probably have to send it back), so I cannot see whether this problem still persists or not. Hopefuly someone will be able to give a feedback about this issue (if any of you had the same issue, anyway *g*)?

• Status bar loading maps runs slowly and when completed starting over again. Loading maps forever 

• No issue here, straight forward install, all versions correct. Thanks Former Member for all your efforts in keeping us engaged, and trying to keep us happy. Keep the releases and fixes coming!

• Have you ever updated the maps on your watch?  I noticed this on my wife's 945 (I didn't see the same on mine, even though I updated our watches with the same Mac), but hers had never been plugged in; all her updates had come OTA until that point.  So I was thinking it's just because it had never taken a map update before it took so long?   IDK.  But it took a loooooooong time to load the maps. 

• Like several others, my watch updated automatically but showed the GPS version as 2.90(!).  I also noticed unusual battery drain -- I've never had a battery drain issue before.  After plugging into Garmin Express and accepting an update, I'm now at GPS version 4.10.  I'll recharge my watch, do a hard re-start, and hope the batter issue resolves itself.

• I was on the beta - upgrading to that cleared my training status (it's since been repopulated due to newly recorded activities).  However, I upgraded via Garmin Express and it went as smoothly as can be.  Got the correct GPS version, Sensor Hub, and SW version, and my training status is intact.

• Hello Former Member, out of curiosity - after how much time is the update via GCM enabled? I tried that yesterday evening, hours after the rollout status was updated 100% - nothing was pushed. Rebooted the watch, synced it with GCM, synced via wifi...nothing. When I plugged it to the computer and synced it via GE, voila - the update was pushed instantly...

Thanks,

Tudor

• Hi all. Finally when I turn my arm the backlight turn on. Every time. Fast! Good job, Garmin!

Virtual run needed training modes, good job, Garmin!

When I use turbo and Zwift, I record with 945  the time, lap, power, hr but no kms. I change kms after workout in connect, but in the watch the kms is always 0. Can you solve this?