This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Software version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
  • Improvements to rep-counting
  • Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
  • Added SkiSkate profile
  • Added BackCountry Ski profile
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
  • Improvements/fixes to payments
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork
  • Made several WiFi related improvements
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Sensor Hub 4.01

• No change log available

GPS version 4.10

• No change log available
  • Well, as I wrote earlier, my watch had some hiccups the night before and told me audio prompts were updated. Which I thought was part of the 4.4 update... 

• Where do you have to accept the legal stuff? Mines updated everything bar the gps. Tried syncing a few times and I've completed an activity which has synced across but still no gps update. 

• The nice new weather widget (from Fenix?) in the beta has now reverted to the old one. :-(

• Seems like it's better to stay on beta 4.29 ... oh dear ... Garmin???

• Hey Former Member,

today I get the update. Now I'm on:

SW: 4.40

GPS: 2.90(!)

CPE: Actuell

Now I have three pain points.

1.  The GPS fix take a long time, but  I had this allready before the update. I thried serval things with the support to fix this. I hoped the new SW will fix it. But it did'nt.
    2. After a run the wath ask me,as usal, to store the run. Befor the update the question was in German "Fertig" and now it is in english "Done".
    3. And now a behavoiore which is rellay strange. I allways run the same course therefore I know where the first kilommeter is. After the update I switched on the watch and wait for the Gps fix. I walked around in the backyard. I got the fix and I steped  to the road. In between the GPS fix bar turned fron green to red again. I started the run. The first kilometer came to early and the pace was much to fast. My conclusion is that the watch startet the GPS in my backyard and started to count the kilometers at this point. If you have a look on the results on the map everything looks normal except the first kilometer and the pace for it.

I hope my points are clear. and understandable.

cheers

Matthias

• If you have a Stryd for running with power, there is a IQ app for creating power workouts available in the IQ store 

• thats not really my question, i want to know, if the Audio Prompts now works for Running Power too, before it worked only for heartbeat and pace and not for power.

Anyway i disabled Firmware Update because FW 4.20 is very stable for me and most things in this release are useless for me, only Audio Prompts for Power could convince me Grin

i mostly import Training Peaks workouts via Drews Interval App and use this for running on FR945, thats the best way for me to run with Stryd, i tested the Stryd Beta, but i am still waiting till they implement the automatic Import of Training Peaks workouts in the future

When i run with my wireless headphones connected to my mobile phone, Garmin Connect Android tells me my heartbeat every 1 minute, there is no prob to hear music (Amazon Music) too and it would be nice the hear my power true headphones too

• Did you happen to do your second sync over your watch's WiFi, or Garmin Express?  I did a couple WiFi syncs, and my GPS still shows 2.90 (!).  The sensor hub and 4.4 firmware updated properly. 

• It appear that this update has had a severely negative impact on my battery performance

• It appear that this update has had a severely negative impact on my battery performance