This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Updates SW 4.40 is now live

These updates can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile (pending rollout).

Software version 4.40:  

• Improvements to GPS
  • Fixed training modes (workouts, intervals, set a target, etc.) in Virtual Running to allow connection to phone app
  • Changed filtering of activities for Race an Activity. List of activities is now narrowed to those within the same general sport type.
  • Fixed missing auto-run setting in Ski
  • Improvements to rep-counting
  • Improvements to floor-climb when the user is jogging up/down stairs
  • Added SkiSkate profile
  • Added BackCountry Ski profile
  • Improvements to music playback/sync/providers
  • Improvements/fixes to payments
  • Made several improvements to Breathwork
  • Made several WiFi related improvements
  • Fixed an issue where the device would always display the 'Updating' spinner when changing an alarm
  • Various other fixes and improvements

Sensor Hub 4.01

• No change log available

GPS version 4.10

• No change log available
  • I've just done it.

Download latest 4.29 beta release from https://www8.garmin.com/support/download_details.jsp?id=14933

Then unpack the archive, here you'll find GUPDATE-420.GCD file. Rename it to GUPDATE.GCD and place into GARMIN folder of your device.

Then locate RemoteSW\Downgrades folder in the archive you've just unpacked, place the files from there to GARMIN\RemoteSW folder of your device.

Then disconnect the device and it will prompt you to update firmware and it will install 4.20. Beware that all your settings will be completely reset, actually you'll get a clean device like after master reset.

When you complete initial pairing to device and syncing, go to firmware update in watches' system menu, here you'll see the available update, apply it and you'll get SensorHub downgraded to 3.20 and GPS downgraded to 2.90

• Actually I haven't expected that the device would allow me to downgrade itself from the newest stable release, only beta releases should be allowed to be downgraded. Gathering all other evidences together, such as lack of translations like in Beta and the exclamation mark in GPS version 2.90(!) like in Beta, I suppose that 4.40 release has just not been built correctly from Beta, so theoretically there can be another few improvements or fixes which have been implemented in Beta but which haven't been built into stable release

• same here (with german as main language)

• Yeah, being sick was my first thought too. But because of a health condition I get sick a lot, and I never (really) have stats like this when sick (except when having high fever, but this is -paradoxicaly- very rare for me). Also, it doesn't explain the respiration rate which is never that stable and regardless of this, I was even working till midnight, so it's practically impossible to have such a steady rate. As I stated, it started recording like this since 21:00).

Regarding Stryd I had the same thought as you, so I had it already unpaired and deleted from the watch, did soft reset the Stryd and then re-paired it to my watch. I then did another indoor-walk which this time went without drop-outs on my pace. Though it wasn't the same conditions as yesterday. There I recorded it as a walk without GPS and had my Polar OH1 paired for HR. This time I recorded it as a treadmill run and had my HRM-Run connected (to see if it too has drop-outs). The HRM-Run and Stryd didn't record certain metrics (like Ground Contact Time on my HRM-Run, Vertical Oscillation and Leg Spring Stiffness on my Stryd), but I guess it is because I was walking and not running. I'm still wary, but hopefully it was a one-time glitch so far.

• some folks like myself have had problems with dropout connecting to HRM/ sensors after the update: 

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/220820/firm-4-40-no-more-garmin-hr-strap-and-hrm-strap-connection

hard reset resulted in frozen screen with maps loading - had to do a factory reset. very annoying to receive the buggy update.

• Oh yeah, I forgot: switching the language to english and back to my language didn't help either. But as I said, not biggie for me.

• Hey, I've charged my watch to 100 % but after 15 minutes biking and 4 hours normal daily activity it is already at 48 %. Is there a new option which is automatically on and drains the battery? 

• Yep. This is "Update to 4.40 now" option available in system menu, once chosen it strangely disappears from there

• After this update, I cannot control phone music anymore,

The watch is connected to the phone but there is no song title and the next track and play buttons don't do anythin .