This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

How is your battery doing after sw 4.20 update?

Mine is higher than usual: 0.4 - 0.5%/hr compared to 0.2 - 0.3 %/hr on sw 4.10. 

• I tried a couple of soft/hard resets without luck. I tried the hard reset procedure described by Garmin-Blake in some other thread (toggling bluetooth off followed by the hard reset) with great success. 

• Mine is worse than before. After the last update the battery lasts about 2/3 days while before was at least 4 with my regular use... 935 battery was way better!

• Former Member why dont you just make this a part of your upgrade instructions. Everyone will be happier - less battery drained customers and fewer customer service calls to you. Fwiw I also had an overnight drain to zero after upgrading to 4.2 but that resolved itself with a 15s hard reset and the watch has been fine since.

• Battery seems fine but the connection to the Connect app is not good (keeps disconnecting, but Bluetooth connection to phone is fine).  Also, the Bluetooth performance to my Samsung Galaxy Buds 2 during runs is spotty (audio cuts out frequently).

• In standby (no training) my battery life is absolutly outstanding.. Very very good... 3% in 2 days with WHR an Activity Monitor (but without pulseoximetry). I don't have music on my 945; neither use BT. Good job, Garmin. 

• I'd like to get some of that.  Mine will use 3% in 6 hours just sitting on my wrist (OHR on but no SpO2).  I average .7-.9% via the battery widget.

What are your other settings?

• I'm sorry :-(  Excuse me, please. That 3% in 2 days was something casual, I see...  After that I registered again numbers around 3% DAILY.  The battery life is very good, and as advertised, I think, but not miracolous (that 2% in 2 days was near miracolous). The upper limit I see is 3%/day with OHR and Activity Monitor enabled, and without Pulseoximetry, BT, music, activities.. (I'm in quarantine this days in Spain). That's a 0.125% per hour.

Settings: clock in absolute minimum info (only hour, minutes, month day and week day), BT AND WIFI OFF always (I turn ON only wifi for sync once a day), no music, no apps extra-Garmin on the watch.

• Settings: clock in absolute minimum info (only hour, minutes, month day and week day), BT AND WIFI OFF always (I turn ON only wifi for sync once a day), no music, no apps extra-Garmin on the watch.

Ah, I see, thanks.  For comparison, I have a watch face with seconds on, and my BT is continually connected (but wifi off).  That's probably the difference in your .125%/hour and my .7-.9%/hour.

• I just came here to report the same issue. Since I updated my 945 to 4.2.0 my battery is terrible, like it used to be until a few months ago. 

To be honest, this sucks. I've been a loyal Garmin user for more than 10 year. This is definitely the most unstable Garmin product I've ever own. Very disappointing. 

• I just came here to report the same issue. Since I updated my 945 to 4.2.0 my battery is terrible, like it used to be until a few months ago. 

To be honest, this sucks. I've been a loyal Garmin user for more than 10 year. This is definitely the most unstable Garmin product I've ever own. Very disappointing.