This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 did not track my running (does not find gps) Version 4.2

Does anyone have the same problem? 
Since a week my forerunner 945 did not find a gps signal and therefore it did not track my running route.

Moreover, it seems that the measured distance was also not correct. 

Software Version: 4.2

GPS version 2.9

WiFi version:2.6

• I have the same problem with older firmware. See this:

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/218361/gps-lock-problem

It started a week ago. I am sorry, If I had known about your post I would have added my case here.

• I'm having the same GPS problem, since updating to v4.2. Looking forward to the next fix please GARMIN

• The 4.20 update did not alter GPS in any way. How long did you allow the device to try and acquire satellites and what was the environment like? Tree cover, wide open, indoors, etc.?

• I had an issue with my watch not finding my GPS when I had added a navigation widget to my running application AND I tried to use a course.  It turned out that using both managed to break one of the GPS connections.  I fixed it by removing the navigation widget from the Run app.  Since I normally run a course, this did not remove any real functionality.

• I just click inside a running activity and did wait around 10 minutes to get a gps signal. I do not have other apps installed, just the existing ones. 
    My girlfriend has a forerunner 645 Music and had the same problem like me. It seems to me that the hardware is still working. Any ideas how can I fix it? Maybe a System reset or similar?

Maybe there are gps problems around vienna? Normally, I receive a gps signal in seconds.

Regards,

Patrick

• My bad, my problem with GPS also occurred in 4.1 as well where it lost signal during run activity and distance, pace was off the mark as a consequence. Since updating to 4.2, I had an issue where i waited around 7 mins and still couldn't get a full GPS signal - it was outdoors, no trees, no buildings within 10metres, cloudy though.
    This GPS issue is intermittent in that I have had run session work fine in between.

Just never experienced this poor GPS issue in the last 4 years of Garmin use.

• Hi Garmin-Blake! Could confirm that the CPE information is still the same as in previous versions? Since the last week I have problems in open/semi-open spaces to acquire satellites.

https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/running-multisport/f/forerunner-945/218361/gps-lock-problem

• But you're refusing to update to latest versions? Sorry but until you update you don't have a pony in this show.

• I responded to an abusive post that was in this thread addressing the insult to another user, but also the issue with GPS. Thank you to that user for removing the abuse, but this also removed my response. 

If you are running SW 4.20 and GPS 2.90, we recommend syncing with Garmin Express and then letting your device try to acquire satellites from within an activity profile (app) while outdoors with a clear view of the sky. This can take 10+ minutes at times and should not be necessary each time, but is necessary in troubleshooting this. 

We have multiple 945s in-house running the same SW configurations users have posted here in the forums and we cannot reproduce this. Thank you all for helping us investigate this issue. 

• I have the latest SW on it as well as the GPS and the CPE file. from this point everything ist fine. 

But the GPS fix take minutes to lock. I did cha with the support they recomand to delete some folder on the watch ( I forgot which ones). After that to fix was there within a minute. But as of now  the fix take a long time. 

At this moment I try the recomondatiion to sync via GarinExpress and than get an fix. As descriped the first time after that it took a while. The second try was faster than the first one but even a long time.

So,I don't know what else I can do.

Cheers Matthias