This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SW 4.00: update of "Connect IQ Store Android App v1.1.5" Android solves Battery Drain?

yesterday during the day i received a  update of "Connect IQ Store Android App v1.1.5" Android, before sleeping i made a hard reset and a full load to 100%, today in the morning i have lost only 4% battery in 12 hours with Spo2 Measurement during the night!

Now i am not sure, could this really solve the problem, is there something on the "Connect IQ Store Android App" that will talk all the time with the watch and eating battery?

anyway, i will check the battery drain in the next 12 hours, so i have a value for 24 hours!

Former Member is it possible to stick this post for a while to have it on the top of the forum?

• Hi,

I’m glad it seems to work for you. I don’t have a massive drain (I average between 0.3 to 0.5 / h). I’m on iOS but there hasn’t been recent updates of the IQ app.

Cheers

• It also depends how would you define massive drain.

For me, w/o SpO2 measurement and no connect IQ store app on android I have an average of 0.437 for 6 days now, having 2 bike rides during that time.

• sure,

with 24 hour Spo2 Measurement it jumped from ~10% a day to ~21% a day on FW 4.0

without 24 hour Spo2 Measurement (only night) it jumped from ~7% a day to ~24 a day on FW 4.0

• Before SW4.00/3.90 I had under 0.500 %hr battery consumption. Now I have 0.700, even with this last 1.1.5 Version of the app.

I have the non-music Garmin 245 and for me the issue with the battery consumption is still not fixed. I used to have 1 week of autonomy and now I barely get 5.

I am willing to install a firmware with extra logging for Garmin to investigate.

• Still only getting 7 to 8 days on a charge (100% to ~25%). Three 45 min runs, three 60 min strength. No non-Garmin apps or watch faces, PulseOx at night only, backlight sunset to sunrise and 8 sec timeout. Updated Connect IQ app didn't change a thing - thankfully.

• I think it's just coincidence :-) - most probably this update it has nothing to do with the actual drain. For me it stopped after I switched back to music provider and had a hard reset - now i'm at 0.48%/h - which is acceptable (same thing if i charge once per week or once in 10 days). The fix will probably come to our line as well - if you've checked the F6/Marq forums a beta update has already been released that addresses the drain. 

• I think it's just coincidence :-) - most probably this update it has nothing to do with the actual drain. For me it stopped after I switched back to music provider and had a hard reset - now i'm at 0.48%/h - which is acceptable (same thing if i charge once per week or once in 10 days). The fix will probably come to our line as well - if you've checked the F6/Marq forums a beta update has already been released that addresses the drain. 

i am not sure, but i think the drain have different sources, when i tried the music thing, my drain exploded to the double as before with the 50% more drain, so it seems, we need differents solutions to slve the drain

• it looks like, it really solved my battery drain, now three days, every day more or less 10% a day with Spo2 Measurement during night, that means i can use the watch 10 days, depends on my activities!