This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Series SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with ephemeris downloads over BLE which could cause units to experience slow GPS fix times.

Note: We understand that there are users who have reported decreased battery life since the 3.90 update. There is nothing in 4.00 that addresses this and we would first ask that anyone seeing this symptom perform a hard reset by holding the power button down until the device turns off before charging to 100% again. If this is not successful then you are experiencing an issue that we are actively investigating. 

• mi 945 tiene la versión 2.70,garmin express me dice que esta actualizado, ¿cómo puedo forzar la actualización?

• Supposedly 4.00 has been out for almost a month. My watch last automatically updated to 3.90 and had has yet to update to 4.00. Additionally, whenever I do a manual sync from Mobile Connect, it claims to fail. (However activities, steps, heart rate, etc., all seem to be syncing correctly. This may be related to the lack of an automatic update.)

Should I just break down and use Garmin Express? Or do you have another suggestion?

• Yesterday after I got up,I realized that my watchface Blink shows me 90 minutes in high power mode. This is a value I typically get for an entire day. For some reason, it didn't change to low power mode. I immediately did a hard reset and values got normal again

• Ohhh this is a *** of update. In 945 cant use Wikiloc for gpx routes. please can you fixed quick? I mean 600€ for this not work...by the way also 4.0 drain the battery.

Respect for customers! 

• And of course, a day or two after I question why I haven't been upgraded the update arrives.

• LOL, good luck...  keep your charger cable handy, and leave a good couple minutes before every run to let it get GPS lock!

• I have a charger cable in my office at work, a charger cable by my bed, and a charger cable in the car. (I've heard of belt and suspenders. What is it when you've got two backups?)

My lunch run today (connect.garmin.com/modern/activity/4462766627?share_unique_id=56) locked on immediately. Which is good, cause it was COLD and windy for Florida. 

• Yeah, not a lot of sympathy for you up in Michigan.  :-D   Good news is it looks like they dropped a huge beta on us with lots of nice features; hopefully the battery/GPS fixes are included as well!  Looking forward to reading impressions.  

• My Forerunner 945 seems to be stuck on a beta release (3.3). I had trouble getting the watch to even take the 3.3 beta, and it seemed like it was a couple of weeks after I loaded the update file to the watch before it even took it and actually updated...I just tried to update to the latest beta 4.06, and that didn't take and now it won't update to the publicly released 4.0 through garmin express either...