This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Series SW 4.00 is now live

This update can be downloaded with Garmin Express or automatically through Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log

• Fixed an issue with ephemeris downloads over BLE which could cause units to experience slow GPS fix times.

Note: We understand that there are users who have reported decreased battery life since the 3.90 update. There is nothing in 4.00 that addresses this and we would first ask that anyone seeing this symptom perform a hard reset by holding the power button down until the device turns off before charging to 100% again. If this is not successful then you are experiencing an issue that we are actively investigating. 

• thanks a lot, we will see, anyway have a merry xmas time!

• Thanks for pushing the updates aggressively! Please, keep'em coming. Updating to 4.00 as we speak and hoping that Garmin Pay will work again )

P.S. I understand that fixing the multisport activity load and new features like power management is reserved for later?

• As a developer I am waiting for glance views as well since things are not so easy to test in the simulator. Can you give us some timeline information about this  

• I couldn't care less about widget glances but I sure would like power management profiles.

• What a surprise! Such a quick fix!

Let's hope someone will work on GPS accuracy as Current Pace in running is still a complete mess.

• Good news.  Thanks for the push.   

• Note: We understand that there are users who have reported decreased battery life since the 3.90 update. There is nothing in 4.00 that addresses this and we would first ask that anyone seeing this symptom perform a hard reset by holding the power button down until the device turns off before charging to 100% again. If this is not successful then you are experiencing an issue that we are actively investigating. 

Ok, thanks for confirming that this is an actual issue for some. But other than noticing an abnormal drain, can we whittle it down to any specifics? Is there an S/N range that's seeing this? Is there a watch Revision that's having this problem over others? If it's software alone, then shouldn't all our watches be having the exact same issue? I mean, we're all using the Forerunner 945 here; the only differences are those two factors.

Wouldn't this make it easier for users to know that? And better yet, if there are actual problems with S/N ranges and or Revisions of the 945, wouldn't it make little sense to try and blanket fix this drain across the entire line that fixes those that have the problem, but potentially breaks it for everyone else?

If my watch isn't having the problem but you "fix things," wouldn't I now have a different issue? Or now I am getting the massive battery drain? I'm just asking these common-sense questions because I don't know how some can have the problem and others don't when we're all using the exact same watch using the exact same hardware and the exact same software.

These *updates* are too vague. Please tell me I'm not alone in thinking this? 

• I don't know how some can have the problem and others don't when we're all using the exact same watch using the exact same hardware and the exact same software

I am one of life's perennial sceptics so I don't always believe what people tell me, especially here in these forums. I can only speak for me (and of course you are free just like anyone else to believe me or not) when I say that my 945 is straight out of the box with no CIQ additions, is one of the very early ones so probably a Rev A or whatever, and is not experiencing this battery drain.

So we really don't know for sure if everyone has everything exactly the same; similar possibly, but not exactly the same.

• Mine is a launch watch and unfortunately is draining much more on 3.9 and 4 than the previous 3.30. Mine is stock.

• Multisport activity load need to be fixed shouldn't be difficult and is the reason all triatlets buy 945