This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SW 3.90: 50%more Battery drain

again in this Firmware Release the Battery Drain is very high, more or less 50% more then usual before, use everything with standard settings as delivered, only Spo2 Measurement during night, instead of 7-8% battery drain a day i have now 16-19% a day!

Made hard reset, but didn't help!

Top Replies

All Replies

• First of all i must say, that battery drain with firmware 3.30 was very, very good. with 8-10 activities of about 45 minutes the watch worked with one cyclus about 2 weeks. And there was no difference between being connected via bluetooth or not.

But with firmware 3.90 I experienced another battery drain. if the watch is not connected via bluetooth (i.e. airplane-mode) the battery drain is the same as with 3.30. but as soon as bluetooth is connected for example with the smartphone, battery drain rises.

so imho i think the new bluetooth version is the main cause of the higher battery drain. maybe Former Member can get a view on this problem.

• Charged my 945 yesterday at 9pm. Disconnected from charger and did a hard reset. Instantly lost 1%. After disconnect. Now at 6 o Clock I got 91% left. 9% drain since charge an over night with puls ox while sleeping. This is roundabout 1%/hr. Before it was somewhere between .3 and .4%/hr.

• Today in the morning some update (sensor?). And the power consumption looks much better. 

• Today in the morning some update (sensor?). And the power consumption looks much better. 

no, i already have it for more then 12 hours installed, in arround 12 hours i have 7% Batter drain with new Sensor Hub, thats to much, again 1 it looks like 14% a day, normally i have 7% in 24 hours!

sensor update didn't help 7% drain after 12 hours, that means 14% a day, normaly i have 7% in 24 hours

• Hmm but before sensor update was power consumption in my watch ca 1,3%/h. Right now (after sensor update ca 0,5%/h)

But yes on 3.30 around 0,2%/h.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

After every update I now do a power down/up, so for realy test it I already shut it down after the update, and no issues with 3.90 so far.

I did one run and one bike session, the rest of the time as activity tracker. I am on 0.176%/hour.

• has anyone already described the problem of faster battery discharge after upgrading to 3.90 to Garmin Support or is it enough that it is included here and garmin technical support know about it?

• as I have said before, I have only problems when bluetooth is connected with my smartphone (or another device).

when there is no connection then battery drain is as good as it was before the firmware update.

• I will test turning off BT after my next charge. Charged yesterday evening and after 15 hrs battery drained to 67% (had 30min cardio and 40 min of strengthening). Not good at all...