This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

SW 3.90: 50%more Battery drain

again in this Firmware Release the Battery Drain is very high, more or less 50% more then usual before, use everything with standard settings as delivered, only Spo2 Measurement during night, instead of 7-8% battery drain a day i have now 16-19% a day!

Made hard reset, but didn't help!

Top Replies

All Replies

• There is something up with the drain (It was the same on the beta 3.77). Whatever they changed with BT seems to be the watch's interaction with phones. 

Just a suggestion for people having a massive battery drain:

1. Remove the 945 from GCM
    2. Remove the 945 from the list of connected devices in your phone
    3. Remove GCM from the phone (purge all data you have of it in the watch you can)
    4. Hard Reset your phone (check manufacturers guide of how to do it)
    5. Hard Reset your 945
    6. Re-download GCM
    7. Re-pair the 945 with GCM
    8. If your phone has a trusted list of devices (i.e., Samsung), make sure the 945 is on it.

If, after all that, you still see a massive drain, you now know it is something Garmin changed and not a rotten BT connection hiccup due to the changes. If it works, let people know, let Garmin know. Try to tell everyone what make and model phone it is too. That way if there's an issue with let's say the note 10 that's getting the drain, but not the s10, it'll make it easier to figure out what's wrong and hopefully correct it.

• There is something up with the drain (It was the same on the beta 3.77). Whatever they changed with BT seems to be the watch's interaction with phones. 

Just a suggestion for people having a massive battery drain:

1. Remove the 945 from GCM
    2. Remove the 945 from the list of connected devices in your phone
    3. Remove GCM from the phone (purge all data you have of it in the watch you can)
    4. Hard Reset your phone (check manufacturers guide of how to do it)
    5. Hard Reset your 945
    6. Re-download GCM
    7. Re-pair the 945 with GCM
    8. If your phone has a trusted list of devices (i.e., Samsung), make sure the 945 is on it.

If, after all that, you still see a massive drain, you now know it is something Garmin changed and not a rotten BT connection hiccup due to the changes. If it works, let people know, let Garmin know. Try to tell everyone what make and model phone it is too. That way if there's an issue with let's say the note 10 that's getting the drain, but not the s10, it'll make it easier to figure out what's wrong and hopefully correct it.

sorry, hope you are joking, thats the cheapest **** solution ever! Rage

• Sorry, but this could not be the solution. If i have to reset my whole phone after Garmin Update i will return that watch, sorry.

Ive got a Samsung Galaxy A80 (duo) and my Batterie drain almost doubled after Patch. 

• Will you lose all your widgets, data fields and downloaded watch faces after such a hard reset of the watch? 

• So, your answer is: I'll do nothing proactive but complain!

It was a suggestion to try. If you don't see a change, Bingo Garmin is to blame! If you do see a shift in battery life, you've just fixed your problem.

Your stance is akin to someone fixing it for you with zero effort on your end. That is an awful way to deal with anything.

I'll leave you to your complaining then.

• No, don't do a factory reset. A hard reset clears the memory that's all. Just hold down the "light" button for 15 seconds, power cycle (do not power on the watch for 30 seconds) and you're up and running. Before you do it, or any of the changes sync your data.

• I think it is a logical and systematic approach to eliminate any possible hiccups with the phone / mobile device BT connection that is causing the drain. But hard resetting the phone is a little extreme and most people will be reluctant to do this.

The problem is definitely related to the latest ANT/BLE/BT 5.01. Put your watch on airplane mode and watch the battery usage go back to previous level.

• A hard reset on a phone is the equivalent of removing the battery and power cycling (without the ability physically removing the battery which most phone can't do anymore). It's just a memory dump so to exclude any chances of something wonky when re-paring things, like the 945. You don't have to, I was just trying to nix any potential problems. Maybe that addresses individual problems per watch and phone. Either way, it's one side or the other.

Just was making a suggestion.

• Mine seems to have gone down 11% in 48 hours. But that’s with no notifications, and I haven’t done any activities. Bluetooth is activated though and it is always connected to my iPhone. Blood oxygen measurement is off, but 24 hour heart rate is on. Oh, and I take my watch off when I sleep so that probably saves a bit of power. 
    So that seems pretty normal.

Two days ago my battery was down to about 15% I think and so I did a full charge. Maybe this charge cycle helps it to calibrate somehow? I’m just guessing here. Also, since I haven’t done any activities it’s not a full assessment of the situation. 

• Sorry I misinterpreted your instructions. I thought you meant a factory reset of the phone which wipes the phone clean.