This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 SW 3.90 and ANT/BLE/BT 5.01 is now live

This update can be downloaded through Garmin Express or automatically with Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Change Log 3.90

• Add Garmin Swim 2 Features: Advanced Swim Workouts, Auto rest, Critical Swim Speed, Swim Pacing Alerts
  • Added all-day respiration, respiration widget, and breathwork activity
  • Improved treadmill calibration. An outdoor run prior to first treadmill use will improve performance.
  • Added Pilates
  • Improvements to Spotify, audio playback, other audio apps
  • Fixed crash that could occur on activity save at high elevation 
  • Added advanced Yoga and Pilates Workouts
  • Added support for Hydration widget, tracking, and sweat loss
  • Added support for Airplane Mode, which allows the user to disconnect from all wireless communication namely Wi-Fi, Bluetooth and ANT. (Hold Light > Controls > Hold Up > Add Controls > Airplane Mode)
  • Added support for file based Emojis, which brings support for over 1300 Emojis. (Update your device through Express or connect it to Garmin Connect Mobile.)
  • Added support for ClimbPro ‘Climb Detection’ setting in Cycling. (Bike > Activity Settings > ClimbPro > Climb Detection) This allows the customer to customize grade ‘sensitivity’ when identifying climbs. 
  • Improved ClimbPro for cycling by adding category coloring to the ascent graph, which better depicts the difficult portions of the climb. This will also be available when reviewing the elevation plot for a course. 
  • Improved compass performance. 
  • Fixed an issue where the device may become unresponsive when trying to navigate certain types of PacePro enabled courses. 
  • Fixed an intermittent issue where the map would switch to a Dark theme when previewing a pacepro course.
  • Various other fixes and improvements

ANT/BLE/BT Is at version 5.01. While we have historically used the ending of .00 with our production updates, this will change for some updates moving forward. This is a production update and is not a beta release. 

• Never had a track issue, never had battery issues, ran from the same location last night pre-S/W update with no issues. Update S/W and both track and battery drain issues. Big coincidence if that is the case? Have tried soft reset and will try again later but concerned that a well functioning piece of kit may have issues with an update out of my control...

• It will never be in the widget list by itself. It is a Connect IQ App not yet compiled for the Forerunner. 
    Garmin said it will be available when Rollout reaches 100%. 

Personally I think it will be Christmas Laughing

If you read the conversation here, all Infos are available. 

• When I start a swimming activity, the first screen disappears. I have set: 1st, 6 field screen; 2nd, drill mode; 3rd, clock. When I start the activity, the watch only shows the second and the third. Minutes later, the first appears "by itself".

• The first screen is the rest/pause screen. it will only show up in between intervals. 

• These updates show that the product is underdeveloped and need constant fixing of issues. If Garmin would be a good company with quality products, updates wouldn't be necessary at all. It's not awesome, it's a shame! The 945 is an overpriced bad experience.

• Since the update I lost connection to my bluetooth HR straps. Both of them are Polar. I tried a H7 and a H10, no success. After deleting them they are not appearing during search for new sensors.

Both sensors can be paired with my iPhone flawlessly.

My FR945 is also able to communicate with my iPhone. The problem exists only between the FR945 and the sensors.

ANT+ between H10 and FR945 also works fine, it is just the Bluetooth

• Since the update my watch is registering sleep throughout the night even though I don’t wear it at night.

• anything about the all day respiration? where can you view stats for that I can't find it in garmin connect (mobile or online).

• It shows at the bottom of My Day on Garmin Connect Mobile. 

Edit to add: I am pretty sure I had to turn it on manually on the watch when I first installed the beta.  I did it under the Health Stats widget, holding the menu button, going in to Health Stats Options -> Respiration - On.

• In Connect, its in the today view. 
    In Connect mobile, you can add the card when you edit "my day".