This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Anyone connect 945 to new KICKR BIKE?

I received the new WAHOO KICKR BIKE yesterday.  It works fine with my iPhone or iPad or MAC but it will not connect and send data to my Forerunner 945.  I have done troubleshooting with Wahoo, but nothing works.  I have also tried to connect it to my Garmin edge 830 and my forerunner 935.  They do not work either.  The 945 *connects* but no  power data is sent from KICKR BIKE to 945 so it s useless.  On the other KICKR, it sends power and speed/distance which is nice.

In any case, the KICKR BIKE clearly is different than the KICKR trainers as I have never had an issue with the trainers.

In addition, it appears that the 945 only tries to connect to KICKR BIKE via BLE and not ANT+.  I want to connect via ANT+ since it has been more reliable for me but when I add the sensor it only shows up as Bluetooth.

1.) Has anyone been able to get this to work?

2.) Is there a way to force the 945 to try and connect via ANT+ and NOT Bluetooth?

• It looks like the KICKR bike is only capable of ANT+ FE-C and the 945 does not support this standard. 

When pairing to your 830, can you try pairing to the bike as a trainer rather than as a sensor? According to the specs this should work. 

• Thanks.  You are spot on.  I went into the *Training* menu of the 830 and added it as a trainer and it connected and shows power.  I will test on a hour ride tomorrow.

I did get some additional information from DCRainmaker that is worth sharing here.  Its amazing to me that the Wahoo tech support guy didn't know this information and sent me down a troubleshooting rabbit hole.  I typically have had good support from them.

From DC Rainmaker

Hi Paul-

Indeed, the KICKR Bike as of today doesn’t transmit power via ANT+ in normal power meter mode. It only transmits in ANT+ FE-C, and in Bluetooth Smart on a Wahoo BLE variant.

Wahoo is planning on implementing ANT+ power broadcasting (just like their KICKR) hopefully within the next month or two. They say it might be done by end of year, but also might take till Jan or Feb.

Cheers.

• Would be interesting if you experience power drop outs on your Edge 830 when you connect it to the KICKR bike as indoor trainer. 

Did a hard reset on the Edge 830 yesterday, but still having drop outs in the power readings:
    https://forums.garmin.com/sports-fitness/cycling/f/edge-830/204763/830-freezing-ant-feed
    I'm not using KICKR bike, but KICKR Core trainer.

• any news on this?, I have just set up my Kikr bike and my 935 finds it but won't connect to it when in "ride indoors 

• You are aware of asking in the 945 forum?
    945 got ANT-FE-C support with last stable firmware, it will work now. It even can control the bike.