This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

"Walk Indoor" activity profile ATTACHED

WalkingWalk_Indoor.zip

The "Walk Indoor" activity type isn't available on some devices.

I found it on a Forerunner 245 (which shares the UX/UI of the 945, as well as a 240x240 screen) and copied the file off the device.

When copied over to the "Sport" folder on my 945, it correctly shows up on the device as "Walk Indoor", and logs as a walk, with GPS disabled. I've attached the file (contained in a .ZIP archive) for anyone else who is missing this.

Filename is "WalkingWalk_Indoor.fit".

From what I gather looking through the Sports folder, the first word in the filename is the sport type it gets logged as (Walking) and the second part represents the name it shows up as on your device (Walking Indoor).

• If you put your mouse over my user name, is it not giving you an option to "send a private message"?

• FYI: I edited the post and attached a ZIP file containing the Walk Indoor sport file. (WalkingWalk_Indoor.fit)

It was copied from a Forerunner 245 which has the same 5-button UI, and 240x240 pixel screen as a 945. This seems to work, though the one from a Vivoactive 3 didn't.

• Thanks. Mark was able to send me the file, but I wasn't able to get it to work. I'll try this one. 

• Thanks. Mark was able to send me the file, but I wasn't able to get it to work. I'll try this one. 

On the off chance you haven't tried this...

It may not show up automatically until you go into:

Settings-> Activities & Apps-> +Add

Once there, "Walk Indoor" would be near the bottom.

• Same problem I had when Mark sent the file.  I unzip it and put the .fit file in the sports folder.  I go to the watch settings-activities & apps+add and it will only give me the option to change the name.  I tried added the app with Express this time and it worked.  I thought I'd post this if anyone ran into the same issue.

• I go to the watch settings-activities & apps+add and it will only give me the option to change the name.

I have noticed this in some circumstances.

If there was ever an activity installed with the name "Walk Indoor", it has to be completely deleted from the watch first or the watch won't allow it to be overwritten with the correct .FIT sport file. The symptom of this is an "Activity Already Exists" error.

A hard reset that deletes all data and settings seems to do it too.

• Indoor track only records a running event; but it does use a step count to measure distance so it ends up just showing a really "slow" run time.