This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Forerunner 945 Beta SW 3.08 is now available!

Download here

Notes:

• For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report.
  • Although this software is believed to be reliable, it has not yet been released for production and should be used at your own risk.

Change History

Changes made from version 2.80 to 3.08:

• Added PacePro feature.
  • Added additional data field configurations (5 and 6 field).
  • Added graphical gauge data fields (i.e. Heart Rate, Cadence, etc.)
  • Improve ANT+ and BLE sensor management
  • Bluetooth software update to address battery life issues that could occur on some devices
  • Improvements to headphone pairing and media player
  • Improvements to golf
  • Improvement/fixes for Connect IQ
  • Some improvements for segments/Strava segments
  • Various other fixes/improvements

Installation Instructions

1. Connect your Forerunner 945 to your computer using the USB cable.
  2. Download and unzip Forerunner945_308Beta.zip. Place the GUPDATE.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  3. In Forerunner945_308Beta, go to the RemoteSW folder. Place the GUP3114.GCD and GUP3303.GCD file in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder of your device's internal storage drive.
  4. Disconnect your device from the computer, approve the update on the watch, and wait for the update to finish.
  5. If you would like to revert to the last public release software, place the GUPDATE-280.GCD file in the \GARMIN folder. Rename GUPDATE-280.GCD to GUPDATE.GCD before disconnecting your device. To revert the RemoteSW, place the RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP3114-250.GCD and RemoteSW\Downgrades\GUP-3303-360.GCD in the \GARMIN\REMOTESW folder. NOTE: If you revert to an older version of software, all of your settings will be reset to defaults.
  • Same here, no reply at all in any way

• I wouldn’t think anything of it. I’m a developer (not for Garmin) and we get 100s of bug report emails. We have a team that reads them and compiles a report that gets sent to us the devs. 

I would imagine Garmin has a similar process. 

As a side note, please be patient with the developers. There are entire processes that can make the often simple task of fixing an easy bug take a long time due to red tape. Not saying its a good thing but it is reality. 

• Turned off the gestures for backlight

• I run a lot of runs on the devils machine in autumn and Winter. I started doing it on the firestation a few days ago again. With Fenix 3 and 5 plus it was within 5% of the distance on the runmill. The Forerunner 945 with shows paces around 5:00 on runs with 5:45/km. After using calibrate and save, the average pace of the activity is corrected but not the graphs. Also, the next run is off again (by the same amount). 

• Can't quite see if this matches any other reports, but while cycling home last night (and listening to music over BT) the audio stopped and a few seconds later all the sensors went to "---", seemingly the radios crashed. I had to stop the activity, power off and on again and it all recovered, but it's the first time (and hoipefully the last) I've seen this.

Then, after the above, the battery consumption went mad and went down the 14% by bedtime (normally still above 50% after a typical cycling commute day) - I then charged it for a while before putting it back on for sleep monitor. It was 54% at that point but at some point overnight it died. Put it onto charge to 100% until after my morning wake-up and, hopefully, it's back to normal now.

looks like there is something wrong with BLT Sensor, or?

yesterday i made a run with connected BLT headphones, finished run and pressed stop, then headphones disconnected and it looks like BLT on watch was dead, restarted watch, restarted mobile phone, no change, the pairing wasn't possible, after a hard reset of the watch the pairing went OK!

again BLT crashed after i stopped my run today, the first thing that indicates the BLT crash -> music playing stop, after saving the activity there wasn't a connection possible to GCM on Android, again hard reset! 

• So when are they going to add respiration rate like the new watches have?

• Thank you, I'm aware of all that.

What I mean is that an automated email saying that my email has been received ans that Garmin will contact me if they need more information would be great, just to make sure they have received something.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago in reply to KubrickFr

I have sent a couple of bug reports to [email protected] but I never received a reply (even an acknowledgement) is this expected or do emails sent to that address go to a black hole?

F.

One of the first things written on the original post.

"For any issues that you encounter please fill out the form included in the download and attach it to an email to [email protected]. Please note that you may not get a response to the email unless we need more information on the issue you report."

• I'm not happy for 3.08 software. Two times turned off and restart automatically during activities, but worst thing is the altimeter that stop working as before. Look at the altitude picture. It seems like it use gps data instead of altimeter data, but I don't change the setting!

• It's already measuring respiration rate for me as long as I wear my hrm run