This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Is the button issue resolved now?

After receiving a 945 a couple of months ago and seeing reports here of buttons not clicking that the up and down buttons on mine were quite squishy.

i didn't see much point exchanging at the time as replacements looked to be the same or worse.

Wondering at this stage if the issue has been fixed 100% or is it still current on new ones as otherwise this one is working ok.

For me the down button clicks if left a couple of seconds between pushes while the up button never clicks.

i'd like to know I'm getting one that's better before swapping otherwise it's not worth the inconvenience. 

I'm in Australia if that makes any difference to the batches being sent out. 

• I also have a positive feedback from Garmin Sweden. I sent in my second 945 on Wednesday last week and got back a Rev D version today.

The buttons feel different and from the previous two 945’s I have had...and very good.

No double action or buttons that are "mushy".

I hope it will stay this way, happy now.

• My experience and from reading Garmin forum posts is that Garmin Australia is out of sync with the rest of the world.

By this I mean not aware what is happening else ware within Garmin. Doubt they ever read this forum either.

While other locations will be aware of the problem with the buttons and sending out repaired or new watches C or D versions in Australa at best we will be getting the A or B versions with the original problem.

Maybe in 6 months time it'll be different.

• It looks as if rev D is the fix for almost all cures. It's taken four iterations but Garmin finally got there with the 945.

I wonder if a rev E is on the horizon?

• I had a replacement 1 month ago due to the same issue  but don't know which version is the new device. How Can I know this detail?

• i'm in Australia, have had a 945 revision A for 10 weeks, and all the buttons work fine. i'm not sure if they're mushy or not as i don't have anything to compare to... what am i looking for?

• If you think your buttons are working fine then you definitely don't have the problem so enjoy the watch. You will know if you have the button issue, you don't get the click feel when pressing the button. I have friends that have a Rev A 945 and are fine so I think you're probably safe. 

• It's written on the box you got it in.

• I got a replacement from Garmin, Rev D, and it doesn't have a button issue. My previous 945 was a Rev C.

• I just initiated an RMA for what will be my third 945 (second replacement) and I've been told it's from the newest revision batch. 6 days since you posted this, are the buttons still nice and "clicky"? The main issue with my current 945 is the bottom left button

• My watch's hardware has been 100% perfect since I received it on Thursday, 3 Oct.  I have used it for both running and cycling and wearing it 24/7.  The buttons are all consistent and clicky.