This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Widgets from F6, release date.

When will the new beta of 945 be released? Will you have the new widgets?
  • I see there is a GPS 2.70 at 50%... what's the point in announcing something that's not available? I don't understand Garmin... Honestly! (...)

You don't understand what 50% roll out means?

• Maybe you are a first adaptor and got all features you paid for

It doesn't matter if you bought the watch the day after the release date or yesterday,  everyone got the features they paid for.

I bought mine after they published that Venu features (incl. videos) and F6 Features will come to the watch. They did it via media outlets and also by themself via Facebook.

It's been asked before, but I'll ask again.  Would you please reference any links Garmin posted stating these features will be coming to the 945?  I've read secondhand remarks from DCR and others in the forum, but nothing official from Garmin.  If there was an official Garmin announcement, we can hold them to that.

• I don't understand your first adopter comment and why you think you are entitled to have the F6 features. You already got all the features you paid for with your FR945.

Also I think it was somewhat foolish to purchase the watch on the assumption the new features will be added, because someone said so on FB or the internet. I would like to see the official announcement from Garmin promising those features will be added. Not a plan or intent, but a promise or guarantee. Otherwise you really don't have a leg to stand on.

• I look at these extras as partial compensation for things we don't get in Canada such as Amazon Music.  And Garmin Pay only supporting 4 credit cards last time I checked.

• I look at these extras as partial compensation for things we don't get in Canada

Garmin should compensate you for things out of their control?  Go whine to your local banks that must authorize Garmin to use their facilities. Go whine to Amazon Canada for putting the restrictions on their music releases.  Garmin doesn't owe you a thing. 

• https://buy.garmin.com/en-CA/CA/p/621922 states about Garmin Music:

"Sync your playlists from select music streaming services6 — such as Deezer, Amazon Music and Spotify® — right to your watch. Forerunner 945 can store up to 1,000 songs."

The superscript "6" states that premium subscription is required which I have with Amazon. Maybe it's arrival is soon but ConnectIQ still says it isn't available in my country. I should blame Amazon?

• Then perhaps the Garmin Canada website should take down the reference to Amazon Music or include another superscript to your link.

• I live in Western Washington. I have Amazon music on my 945 and I've used it while on trips to Vancouver. It's not Garmin restricting users by location. It's the source where you're trying to get the music from. In this case Amazon.ca is imposing the restrictions. There's no need for Garmin Canada to remove the Amazon music reference because your watch can play Amazon music depending on the downloaded source.  That's like asking your local electronics store to stop advertising 4K televisions because your local cable provider doesn't provide 4K content.