This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

New Widgets from F6, release date.

When will the new beta of 945 be released? Will you have the new widgets?
  • Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

No idea when the next update will be released.  If the new widgets are released, that's a bonus, but I'm not expecting anything. 

• What kind of widgets beside Respiration (confirmed to be added) are you expecting to get? If you are asking about widget glances, so also will come this fall.

• I think i read somewhere that "water thingy" (hydration) will come to 945 from new watches  

• Hydration and corresponding widget from VA4 will be implemented as well.

• Any news about this? I am especially interested in the redesigned Weather, Steps, Floors and Calories widgets from the Fenix 6 series. I would also appreciate Widget Glances. Do you think we will ever get those?

• If you want to bet money on it, take the second possibility. And spread the word so the FR945 gets the right publicity. 

• You mean a great watch getting all features you paid for and some more even though it might take a bit longer?

Really, of course it would be nice to get extra widgets and all functionalities from newer watches but it's not as if you have the right to... 

The Forerunner series was never the series getting regular betas and updates, it is considered the more stable. The fenix line is the more 'developmental' line... But hey, either garmin releases frequent betas and people crap on them because 'bugs' or they don't and people crap on them because 'no support' or 'not fixing bugs'.

Of course they're not perfect but you buy something based on the functionality at that time and promises made by the company at that time. Not based on what might be and what you hope and expect based on future releases...

• Maybe you are a first adaptor and got all features you paid for and some more. 
    I bought mine after they published that Venu features (incl. videos) and F6 Features will come to the watch. They did it via media outlets and also by themself via Facebook.
    I bought the FR because they did imply it will be a F6 with a "cheaper" housing like it was with 935 and F5. If I knew it was empty phrases, I would have stuck to my Fenix and waited a year longer or two but I would not have bought the 945.

The Forerunner 945 never gets betas, all betas are public releases labeled as betas. Or did you encounter one beta where it was said to be for testing a fix wich was then revoked?
    If one uses a beta and crap about "bugs", he should be excluded from beta channel.

Fenix is not only developmental, but also the one which receives bug fixes a lot faster. Just read changelogs here and on F6 forums.

• Well, look at the competition.  The Apple Watch gets updated yearly; maybe not with all the features the older watches can't physically handle because of the hardware, but certainly most of them, and for a solid 3 years after release.  I don't think it's asking a lot of Garmin to do the same thing, and is one of the more irritating things with that company.  If these were cheap watches, it would be one thing, but the 945 in particular costs twice as much as an Apple Watch, FFS.  Even Fitbit does a better job updating their devices, and those things cost even less!

• Speaking of which, how long does it take for GPS updates to be available in Europe? I see there is a GPS 2.70 at 50%... what's the point in announcing something that's not available? I don't understand Garmin... Honestly! (...)