This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Petition Software features from Fenix 6

Garmin seems to be considering which features to bring to the 945 from Fenix 6. I have started this thread so that people can voice their desire for the new features.

It seems that the following is confirmed to be added to the 945 at some later date in the fall:

• Climbpro(?) 
  • Pacepro(?) 
  • Widget glances
  • Extra data fields

Not confirmed

• Power manager (customize below mode) 
  • Power mode (see battery impact of settings) 

I personally would love the battery modes. This really adds a feature to the 945 That almost made me sway for a suunto 9

• Garmin, please, make configurable the hotkey Music/ArrowDown. Many users don't hear music and hard preset hotkey bothers.

Power modes will be great!

• I think a watch like the 945 should get Power Manager and Power Modes. For anybody that does long events these sound like really useful functions. I absolutely want them!

• - Extra Data Fileds, layout up to 6 

Power mode is really requored, sometimes I'm of the grid for 2+ weeks

- Pacepro

So, we need all the features)))

• None of them. Make the existing ones work reliably. If new ones are added, they should please be removable by the customer. Or support non-triathlon sports for a change (no, not golf...).

• Of the existing features, what are the non or less reliable ones for you? I had smaller issues with swimming track, but it has been corrected.

I am in favor of all the features, then time and use will tell if needed or not. Sometimes we don't know what we need until it is  presentedSlight smile.

• The forum is full of complaints about things not working correctly, actually it is more about complaints than anything else. I already know that I do not want to have and do not need those new features. The fraction I use does OK, I am happy with the watch as-is. Again, as is. To do serious sports you do not need half of what the watch offers already. Regardless how many vote-downs my post gets, you have to accept different views

Edit: (Indoor) Rowing stroke rate doesn't work properly at low stroke rates if you want to have a real example

• Race pro would be nice. Also happy with my 945 as it is. Running with Stryd which i use for training and racing. Just to compare with Race Pro i would use it. I use only 2 datafields as i am not wearing my reading glassas when running. 

• I'd love to get the power modes, not so much to get weeks of runtime but to be able to complete a run when the battery is getting low. 

• Agreed. Even just documentation giving better and more tips on ways to improve battery life. For instance the data fields I show on my runs can make my battery performance go from 36 hours down to 22 hours, depending on which ones I pick. I think how often the watch screen updates/changes is the big difference. How about a mode on the watch that controls how often the screen is updated, say only once a minute?

• So, we've gotten Pacepro and 6 data fields (and we already had Climbpro), and Ray confirmed in the comments at this link that Widget Glances are coming:

https://www.dcrainmaker.com/2019/11/all-the-garmin-suunto-holiday-deals-are-now-live-plus-a-few-others.html

Now we're waiting for the Power tools.

by the way, I'm underwhelmed on the 6 data fields.  They are VERY small given the space allowed.  And half of that space is taken up with a redundant/useless field label.  Am I missing something or can those labels be turned off?