This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

FR945 Crash/restart when saving activity

Yesterday I participated in a relay trail race and for leg 2 of 3 my forerunner crashed when trying to save the activity and restarted.  After restart the activity was not available on the watch. I have connected the watch to my laptop and there is not a FIT file on the watch.  I was looking in GARMIN > Activity for the file.  My other legs of the race are saved in that folder, so I think I'm looking in the right place.

Anything else I can do to retreive my missing race data?  And how do I prevent this from happening again in the future?

• I acknowledge that our use of the Verified Answer feature does not necessarily match the wording as we use this to acknowledge certain topics or threads. Ideally, each time we "Answer" a thread, it would be in the form of a solution, troubleshooting step, or update to resolve the issue permanently. This is not always available when we first reply to a topic. 

I apologize for any confusion caused by using this feature this way. 

I do not currently have a firm timeline for this fix but we hope to have more information on a public fix very soon. 

• This has happened to me several times now. I am at 8,000 - 15,000 ft of elevation. When I pause an activity and select Save my Garmin 945 restarts. I can select Resume Later to get out of the activity. However, I am not able to save the activity when I return to it later. 

• Try connecting the watch to the power before trying to save. It helped for me.

• Hey guys, I had this issue in the beginning but it seems to have resolved with an upgrade to the 3.08 beta firmware. I haven't had an issue since updating, and my activities are fairly consistent in altitude, distance, etc... Has anyone else tried the beta firmware?

• +1 this happens whenever I run in Denver. I'm wondering why this hasn't been fixed yet? It sounds like any runner using this watch in denver is SOL... Selling a $600 watch that can't even save a run reliably is pretty disappointing

• Also, appears they don't even have the issue nailed down yet as the new beta is stated as adding logging to debug this specific issue... I think this watch will be going back to the store.

• 2 fr945 with ver 2.8

Happen on both devices a few times

No applications or faces

No altitude related (~100m above sea level)  

• in beta 3.15 is a special option to debug this, you tried?

This build contains special test code to debug an issue we are tracking for devices sometimes crashing on activity save at higher altitudes. If you should experience this issue using this beta version of software it would be greatly appreciated that you follow the Feedback Reporting document's procedures and provide the err_log.txt and RAM.txt that you should have from this crash. This should help us expedite a fix for this issue.

• has anybody been able to test / see if this is fixed under the new version roll out and updates?