This discussion has been locked.
You can no longer post new replies to this discussion. If you have a question you can start a new discussion

Crash when saving walk or hike activities.

Hi. Don't know if this is related to upgrade to last 2.50 because I never have had the opportunity to save a walk or hike activity, but during my last holiday in the alps I made some trekking of about 5 8 hours each and when I eventually tried to save the activity the watch always crashed and restarted and the only way to save the activity, I mean kind of fix, was to change sport before saving, example, from hike to walk or the other way round. I'm sure this is some sort of bug with this firmware or even previous ones. Anyone? 

Thx

Andrea 

• Hi Andrea, I had your same issue but with the firmware 2.70 (I was also recording some trekking in the Alps). I tried also to change sport in order to go out from this cul de sac. At the end the FR945 was not able to synchronize the activity with Garmin connect :-(

• Happened to me too - went on a four-day hike, each day I needed to try multiple times (as many as 10) to save the activity. Selecting Save would cause an instant restart; when the restart finished, I'd be back at the Pause menu. Selecting Save again would often instantly reboot again.

Hopefully since this issue is trivial to reproduce Garmin can patch it quickly.

• Having the same issue on 2.70 as well. It's been happening to me quite often when trying to save. I've also had the watch restart in the middle of hike activities.

• It crashed for me after whole day track also

• I had the same issue today. A plus 2 hour hike.

ended up resetting the whole watch.

seem many people are experiencing similair issues.

• Hey, I have the same issue with 2.80. Before I could easily save my activities, but now not anymore. Tried also the resume later and then save it after the second-day hiking, but also does not work. I hope Garmin will quickly fix this problem.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Ditto for me, as well.  Froze during saving following a half marathon on Saturday (3 days ago) and again at the end of a run today.  Posting in hopes that it will motivate Garmin to investigate and release an update / patch.  Upon restart, the activity would sync, but no exercise load (aerobic or anaerobic) would calculate and sync.

• Former Member
    0 Former Member over 4 years ago

Ditto for me as well.  Happened while attempting to save at the end of a half marathon on Saturday (3 days ago) and again while saving following a 6 mile run today.  Upon reboot, the run would restart, having lost the last 0.1 miles and removing all data for exercise load (both aerobic and anaerobic).  Posting in hopes that Garmin will patch and address as soon as possible. 

• I've been able to save activities on my FR945 without issues for months and today after recording a 1+ hour walk I ran into exactly the same issue as everyone here: I cannot save the activity; every time I press save it reboots :( was working fine just 5 days ago. Maybe memory filled up or something? 

• Definitely not full memory - this happened to me when my watch was brand-new. I've had to try as much as 8-10 times to save an activity. 

It pretty consistently happens to me with the "hike" activity. So far it hasn't happened to me with the "run" activity.